Bugs in Speccy
Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:39 AM
1. In the Summary screen, under CPU: The program mentions the type of CPU twice (in my case: ""AMD Athlon XP-M""). This doesn't happen under e.g. ""Motherboard"" or "" Hard drives"".
Speccy contains a number of translation/language related bugs. I came across the following ones:
1. When I change the language then some words remain the same and these words are changed/""translated"" only when I restart the program.
-- In the CPU screen: The word "Unsupported" behind ""Virtualization".
-- In the Summary screen: the second line under "Graphics".
-- In the Graphics screen:
A. The second header line (on my laptop it's called "ATI Video").
B. The text "count of performance levels".
2. There're no strings available for the following words and can't be translated and therefore the words/text always shows up in english:
-- In the CPU screen: the word "Unsupported"" behind "Hyperthreading".
-- In the Motherboard screen: "System Temperature"
Edit: Deleted one line
Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:45 AM
Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:12 PM
1. There's a (small) difference between what CCleaner and Speccy report concerning the CPU in my laptop. Speccy reports I have a ""Athlon XP-M" but Ccleaner says I have an "AMD Athlon XP2400+". Nothing to worry about but nonetheless a difference. See attachment
2. I made a picture of how Speccy reports the name of the CPU. See attachment as well.
Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:26 AM
Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:32 PM
Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:53 AM
But this truncating/splitting of text strings does occur in the specification/detail pane when I change the language. The pane is not rebuild but instead the strings are simply replaced. And then strings can get truncated/split. In order to force Speccy to rebuild that pane correctly one needs to click again on the name of the current pane (e.g. ""Motherboard"" or ""Graphics"")
I'll give an example with random characters:
Before changing the language:
After changing the language:
Only after clicking again on the name of the pane in the navigation pane, Speccy rebuilds the right hand pane as it - IMO - should be rebuild directly after changing the language:
Ammmmmmmmmmmm Good or
These two particular (and imaginary) strings (""Ammmmmmmmmmmm" or ""Witifhtrydher"") for language X each have 13 characters but as a result of this programming/refreshing error the string is ""divided"" into two pieces/truncated because the word ""Good"" is placed right on top of the 7th character ""m"" (""Ammmmmmmmmmmm"") or the word ""Good"" is placed on top of the 12th character ""e"" (""Witifhtrydher"").
Edited by Willy2, 10 November 2011 - 02:43 AM.
Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:04 PM
Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:20 AM
Besides above Speccy shows changed temperature motherboard with CPU. Motherboard temperature is actually CPU temp. and CPU temp. is motherboard. I have AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 125W CPU and ASUS M4N75TD AM3 Chipset Revision A2. Also I have Gainward GTS 450S graphic card and Speccy doesn't show its temperature and Forceware number.
Speccy.GC.jpg 27.23K 7 downloads
Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:09 PM
Try if these language errors occur in other languages as well. Perhaps restarting the program solves the problem. If not, then I think the polish translator has forgotten to translate a number of strings.
And I think you're right about those two temperatures.
Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:37 PM
1. determine which screen (e.g. ""Graphics"") is active/being displayed/has been selected.
2. call the appropriate ""(re-)build"" (sub-)routine that (re-)builds that particular active screen.
This is - IMO - the same (sub-)routine that is called when a user clicks on the name of that screen (e.g. ""Graphics"") in the navigation screen.
And when the user doesn't want to change the language after all, then the same procedure should be done again only with the previous language settings.
Problem solved, IMO.
Seems simple to me but I am not part of the Speccy developers team. I wrote programs in assembler for the 6502 CPU (BBC-B ) back in the 1980s, so I do have (some) programming experience.
Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:12 AM
2. Bugs in the ""CPU"" screen (still not solved in Speccy v1.13):
-- The word behind ""Virtualization"" does get translated into e.g. dutch (""Niet ondersteund"") but when I change the language back to e.g. english I need to restart the program to get that word ""translated""/replaced into ""Not supported"".
-- No matter what I do the word ""Not supported"" behind the word ""Hyperthreading"" doesn't get translated, is overlooked by Speccy v1.13 when changing the language. In the dutch language version it should be ""Niet ondersteund"".
Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:32 AM
Some system specs:
Dell XPS L501x
Windows 7 SP1
The dump file is in the Speccy folder:
Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:38 AM
Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:52 AM
Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:16 AM
Go to "Network". Look at the first section that starts with e.g "Your connected to the internet". Look at "line speed". When the user has changed the language from e.g spanish to german then the german text string shows up. But then it's possible that the spanish text string for this text pops up again.
So, Speccy v1.17 forgets to refresh the text string that's stored somewhere in the computer's memory. And then erroneously pulls up the string from a previous language.
However, when this error occurs the entire section is correctly rebuild, the stings aren''t simply replaced. But only this section is rebuild, not the entire pane.
Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:28 AM
The error, as reported in post #7 of this thread, hasn't been fixed either.
Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:39 PM