SSD Optimized Defrag

Defraggler has been serving me very well to keep my SSD netbook PC fast as originally was. It seems SSD PC needs free space defrag to sustain its writing speed and Defraggler was the best and the fastest tool there is.

But for practical purpose, there is one suggestion:

-Scheduled Defrag on free space option!

So, I can leave my PC on when I leave the work and Defraggler will defrag the free space on my PC and then shuts down on its own.

SSD will keep getting fragmented very so often, that it definitely needs defrag. But regular defrag (of fragmented files) won't affect the speed of SSD because a regular defrag only affects reading speed of a drive and SSD does not seem to be affected by fragmentation of files. SSD is only affected by the free space fragmentation and only on writing speed (at least my PC got drastically sped up after free space defrag). [

And also I heard that scheduling a regular defrag will lessen the life of SSD (1,000,000times write cycle?) very quickly.

SSD do not need any defrag. The only thing they need to keep their speed is the TRIM command, which if I'm not mistaken is supported by default only in Win7.

Maybe the free space defrag does something that reminds Windows or the disk driver it should use it huh.gif

Piriform French translator