Windows 7 Task scheduler still broke

Ghostdivision

I am very disappointed by this issue. The error bug thread about this issue has received no support. I purchased a new computer and had windows 7 installed in February. Since installing ccleaner task scheduler will not work. I would expect some more support for this issue since the program is breaking windows 7 task scheduler. People are being advised not to use it. I again downloaded whatever build was available in February when I received windows 7, so it was a new build and still have a broken task scheduler. How can this be fixed and how can we use ccleaner with windows 7 knowing my tasks will break?

If you are inexperienced with the Registry Cleaner function of CCleaner, please do not use the registry cleaner.

The best solution, I assume for you is that you try doing system restore to a time before you ran and used CCleaner since in Windows 7, the automatic creation of restore points are on by default.

Start> All Programs >Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I do not use registry cleaner, I use another program.

So the only solution is to do a complete system restore? That is unfortunately out of the question, i installed ccleaner the day i received the computer.

I thought this issue was supposedly fixed with newer builds. In late 2009 it was claimed the bug was fixed in the windows 7 bug thread. Thats why I used ccleaner.

Now i have a broken task scheduler and is there any promise it will not break it again? As mentioned in the task scheduler bug thread it was supposidly fixed which i soon found it was not.

There has to be another fix other then complete system restore.

Look, system restore can restore your system to an earlier state but that would mean some of your programs will have to be reinstalled.

Other than the complete system restore, Windows 7 has the ability to restore only individual folders and individual files to an earlier state called previous versions. Just right click a folder and choose "restore previous versions", that would restore the folder to an earlier state than the whole system. What you can do is hopefully find the folder in the computer containing the Task Scheduler. But I don't know where it is.

Here is a screenshot on a help page on Windows 7 about previous versions.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Bi...ng?t=1271149506

What you can hopefully do is go to C:\Windows and look for the folder called Tasks, it should contain your scheduled tasks. Right click it, and choose Restore Previous Versions and choose a restore point from where to restore the folder from. This will restore that folder only but not the whole system.

If this does not work, then this has to be a damage in the registry. Have you ever used another Registry cleaner other than CCleaner??? If that program automatically makes backups, try restoring those backups. If that does not work, try the full system restore.

For more support, register to this website:

http://www.sevenforums.com/

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

The buggy thing is IIS log files, if I remember correctly. This bug only happens on x64 systems. It doesn't seem to do anything to the Tasks folder - my tasks are still valid XML files, without errors in them.

When I asked how to solve that on Microsoft Answers, I got a reply telling me to delete each task until there's no more errors. Meaning, nearly all of my scheduled tasks aren't there any more, including useful system things like automatic creation of System Restore points. Great.

Piriform French translator