Defraggler Icon Changed (Speccy as well)

Murphy2012

This is my 2nd time every posting in a forum: I usually just read them but here we go!

Ccleaner, Defraggler, and Speccy all work correctly on my 3 seperate computers; one running XP, one running Vista, and one running Window 7. My question/problem is why the icons are not working on Windows 7. Again all the programs work on Windows 7 but the icons don't have the usual picture like XP and Vista show. Ccleaner's icon is working but the others show that file sort that you have to open by searching and selecting a prgram to view it. The weird thing is that you can double-click and it opens correctly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled those two programs but the same (very minor) issue persists. Any ideas? Is it me? Is it Windows 7? Possible bad download even though I'm sure I got it from the same place as everyone else! haha Thanks

• Moderators

Have you tried going into the program file and right-clicking the exe file and select send to desktop (create shortcut) Say yes to the prompt about wanting to overwrite the old one.

It might just rebuild it.

Let us know if you have any success. It seems there are people with icon problems and Win7 and not just with Piriform products.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

On my wifes machine and my machine it does that as well. When I installed CCleaner, etc. on both machines all the icons show up beside CCleaner Homepage, CCleaner, Uninstall CCleaner. Once I reboot the machine/s the only icons that stay are the CCleaner and Uninstall. The Homepage icon dissapears. It does it on both of our machines as well as our laptop. all fo these are with Windows 7, this also happened when we had XP and Vista. To fix this I just right clicked the Homepage and pointed it to the correct icon. Why does this do this? Is it a bug? I have even did a clean install of Windows and then CCleaner and it still happens. So it is nothing major just a minor bug but maybe they can look into it. Thanks.

Customprofile

I have the same problem with icons in Vista. Here's what I have to do when it happens. Right click the icon>Properties>Change Icon>Click the icon, there's probably just one>OK>Apply. Repeat until the icon changes. I have to do this a minimum of three times but the third times the charm. I don't know what the freakin' problem is but this works for me, it might work for Windows 7.

Windows caches icon data to a file called IconCache.db it's very possible the database got corrupted.

To fix the problem you need to delete this (hidden) file and Windows will recreate it with a new one.

For XP go to: "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\"

For Vista/Win7: "%userprofile%"\AppData\Local\"

Richard S.