NO hotfix uninstallers, in vista

i ran ccleaner slim last edition for 1st time in win. vista home premium. the problem is that i do not have the option "hotfix uninstallers" uneder advanced. it is just not there!.

i noticed i do have in my system some downloaded hot fixes , but i can not delete them since i do not have the option in ccleaner.how can i get this option ?

*i tried also to install/ran ccleaner as admin. but it did not help

thanks

This KB article describes the MSU packages that are used for updates/patches etc.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934307

You'll also note on your Vista machine you wont find the $NTUninstallKBxxxxx folders. You will find updates are stored under C:\Windows\winsxs

I've also noticed some stand alone updates being stored in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

In the form of cab files and catalogs. I dont reccomend deleting anything from either of those locations. Use the 'Programs and Features' > Installed Updates to remove updates/patches etc.

thank you very much for your detailed answer!

still....

1-how can i delete hotfix uninstallers in vista, without deleting the hotfix itself? (only the uninstaller) i think understood that they aren't hotfix uninstaller in vista?

2-could you find in piriform web site any page/decleration about hotfix uninstallers in vista?

3-i noticed that C:\Windows\winsxs is 6giga! can i/what to delete from it?

hope you can answer me again 3 questions in detailes-thanks again!

1. There are no separate uninstallers. This has changed to a format of a package. Think of it as one single peice of software that installs and uninstalls windows updates and patches.

2. I cant remember the threads off the top of my head, but about 9 months to a year ago it seems it was a popular topic. Many people have discussed it. You can do a search for hotfix uninstallers and you'll see numerous posts, mostly relating to XP when there was an uninstaller for each update.

3. I dont reccomend removing any files. These files are the OS and updates + patches. As an update is installed it replaces the obsolete file(s) in the file store. Which is why you shouldnt remove anything from that folder.