After Cleaning I still have a GIANT list of Cookies

bartowsky

I just updated to v2.22.968 today. I am very fastidious with cookies and always select which to keep after each browsing session. I typically run CCleaner once a day. After cleaning, however, there remains a large list of cookies in the "Cookies to Delete" box. Cookies that I have opted to keep have been kept. What's the deal here?

• Moderators

Do you have Adobe or Macromedia Flash checked in "Applications"?

These are possibly lying in a "Flash Cookie" (Settings.sol file) in the Macromedia folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

• Moderators

I guess Bartowsky was deleting cookies previously and now isn't. When I run a full analyse or right click and analyse on IE and FF cookies I get no results (yes, I have plenty to delete). Is the new version not picking up cookies?

Later... I take it all back, CC is finding cookies. I must have had a little brain fade, it happens from time to time.

Cookies listed in the Cookie Manager can be from any of your browsers. Make sure that all browsers are checked in the Applications tab. BTW... CCleaner has a great cookie manager. I save the cookies I want... usually forum logins, and have all the others deleted upon bootup.

Do you have Adobe or Macromedia Flash checked in "Applications"?

These are possibly lying in a "Flash Cookie" (Settings.sol file) in the Macromedia folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Adobe is checked but there is no entry for Macromedia Flash.

• Moderators

Have a look in the following location to see if you have a "settings.sol" file. (It may just be labelled "settings").

If so, try adding that to CCleaner via the "Include" feature. "CCleaner\Options\Add File or Folder", and also check the "Custom Files And Folders" box in "CCleaner\Windows\Advanced".

You can also download the Winapp2.ini file from here, and unzip it to the CCleaner folder, "Start\My Computer\C:\Program Files\CCleaner". Download link is at the end of the first post.

This covers a couple of Macromedia versions.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips. I have added the Macromedia "sys" folder to the Include list and "Custom Files and Folders" is ticked in the Advanced section. I also downloaded and installed the Winapp2.ini file. There is no change to the cookies that are still in the "Cookies to Delete" column. Another annoying bit is that when I select a cookie to keep and move it to the "Cookies to Keep" column is that I am returned to the very top of the "Delete" list after moving it. This never used to be the case.

Cookies listed in the Cookie Manager can be from any of your browsers. Make sure that all browsers are checked in the Applications tab.

When I re-read all of the replies today I noticed this one and checked to see if Opera was ticked and it was not. This has solved my problem. Many thanks! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck yet as my Cookies To Delete is also still full! I did all the steps that had been suggested, but to no avail; perhaps cc has a bug ?

Thanks for the tips. I have added the Macromedia "sys" folder to the Include list and "Custom Files and Folders" is ticked in the Advanced section. I also downloaded and installed the Winapp2.ini file. There is no change to the cookies that are still in the "Cookies to Delete" column. Another annoying bit is that when I select a cookie to keep and move it to the "Cookies to Keep" column is that I am returned to the very top of the "Delete" list after moving it. This never used to be the case.

• Moderators
Any luck yet as my Cookies To Delete is also still full! I did all the steps that had been suggested, but to no avail; perhaps cc has a bug ?

Can you please say what operating system you use, and service pack and also if you are a new user of ccleaner.

Also do you mean NOT ONE single cookie gets deleted or that there are always some left?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Can you please say what operating system you use, and service pack and also if you are a new user of ccleaner.

Also do you mean NOT ONE single cookie gets deleted or that there are always some left?

Sure & thanks! Running WinXp Home, SP3 & have used CC a lot, but never actually looked in the Options, Cookie section as I just Analyzed & Cleaned, but now that I found it, I see all Cookies on the left - 30 or so - are still there post cleaning.

• Moderators

And if you browse a bit, collecting cookies, then clean with ccleaner, does the list never go down, it just keeps increasing?

Or does it seem to be the same bunch of around 30 that are left?

Do you just use one browser?

Does ccleaner after the clean say there is about 5MB not cleaned?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

My mistake - not sure what I was doing differently, but I just checked it again & it did delete all the cookies! Thanks for your input & have a great Sunday !

And if you browse a bit, collecting cookies, then clean with ccleaner, does the list never go down, it just keeps increasing?

Or does it seem to be the same bunch of around 30 that are left?

Do you just use one browser?

Does ccleaner after the clean say there is about 5MB not cleaned?

Again thanks but it worked so I have to try & figure out what I was doing differently a few hours back - mind is not what it once was.

And to think I only have 5,143 Posts to go to catch up to you ! And I now see it's already Sunday where you are - have a blessed day :-)