Adobe Flash Player cleanup

GetCool

I've been trying to figure out the status of CCleaner's support for Adobe Flash Player, and I'm a bit confused.

On this forum, some threads indicate that there is an "Adobe Flash Player" check-box built into CCleaner under the "Multimedia" category on the Applications tab (see here), but I have never seen such an option in any recent version of CCleaner. Other threads indicate that Flash Player support once existed, but may have been removed from CCleaner (see here).

Does anyone know what the official word is on this? I sent a message to TwistedMetal a few months ago because I wrote some lines to add to winapp2.ini for custom Flash Player support, but I never received a response. Below are said lines. Can anyone comment on CCleaner's Adobe Flash Player support, and/or the lines below? Thanks.

[*Adobe Flash Player]LangSecRef=3023Detect=HKCU\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerDefault=TrueFileKey1=%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys|#*|RECURSE; FileKey2 is written above in such a way as to leave the global settings.sol file intact.; Everything else that can be deleted from this directory begins with a '#'.

• Moderators

Disk did you try OP's entry?? does it work If so I too will add it to my winapp2

:)

Good job OP for being wise

I wish we had kudos here but heck I'm still trying to get a rss that allows me to follow up with out holding on to old posts

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
I've been trying to figure out the status of CCleaner's support for Adobe Flash Player, and I'm a bit confused.

On this forum, some threads indicate that there is an "Adobe Flash Player" check-box built into CCleaner under the "Multimedia" category on the Applications tab (see here), but I have never seen such an option in any recent version of CCleaner. Other threads indicate that Flash Player support once existed, but may have been removed from CCleaner (see here).

Does anyone know what the official word is on this?

I can't comment about the techie stuff from Disk, he's too clever for me, but just maybe some of the info I've recently posted in the following link, third paragraph down, may explain the lack of an Adobe Flash Player check box in your install of CCleaner.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...st&p=117319

Mine disappeared, and it took a while to work out why.

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but it might just enlighten.