• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE OldFart

OldFart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

CC Cleaner has been one of the best add-ons to my Recycle Bin for years, and has come out with updates I'd love to install. Following most links to d/l the new version & I end up with a file my computer won't install because it does not recognize the *.exe.ob! add-on 'file type'. Online searching sends me to look for an installer and I end up in Microsoft Market-Place wasting my time with Windows 95/98 tweaks. It would be nice if prolific vendors like www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ of this must-have software sent it out in a simple format that Windows XP can install ala last upgrade ccsetup203.532.exe . This 2.59MB file is useless to me: ccsetup203.exe.ob! If this is a Vista spin-off install file then my days of using CC Cleaner's latest builds just ended. I tried to u/l-ed the install file for Piriform techies review, nice & clean w/no bugs and got this: 'Max. single upload size: 1.95MB'. Serious feed-back only please. Thanks! :unsure:

#2 OFFLINE JDPower

JDPower

May contain traces of sarcasm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

Delete the one you've downloaded and download again from here:

http://www.CCleaner....download/builds

#3 OFFLINE anonymous_user

anonymous_user

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

Did you use Orbit Downloader?

It adds "ob!" extension to incomplete files.

#4 OFFLINE subhpoto@yahoo.com

subhpoto@yahoo.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

Did you use Orbit Downloader?

It adds "ob!" extension to incomplete files.

Sir
i have the same problem i have downloaded a video rm file through Orbit download and it add ob! . how can i rectify this problem. please help

#5 OFFLINE JDPower

JDPower

May contain traces of sarcasm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Sir
i have the same problem i have downloaded a video rm file through Orbit download and it add ob! . how can i rectify this problem. please help

I have never used Orbit but if, as anonymous_user suggests, it is an incomplete file then simply download (or allow to finish downloading) the complete file.

#6 OFFLINE Andavari

Andavari

• Moderators
  • 16,348 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

Orbit is known to have that issue of just stopping the download for no apparent reason, which is why I stopped using it ages ago. There's other freeware download management software that doesn't have that behaviour!

Piriform software help documentation is available at: http://www.piriform.com/docs

Don't PM me for advice! I'll only ask you to read forum rule #15.