Is it worth the buy?

#2 OFFLINE Tarun

Tarun

Lunarian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:29 AM

I wouldn't touch/trust it. The best tweaks are free.

#3 OFFLINE agumon

agumon

Digimon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

the program home page lag my system... :lol:
ok... costing US$39.90... rather a expensive software, especially for tweaking...
actually there are freewares out there which perform the same functions or can even out perform than the components of Advanced Systems Optimizer...
i am sure that you will not use all the components in Advanced Systems Optimizer...
--==aGumon==--

#4 OFFLINE 12steven

12steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:54 PM

absolute krap! jack of all trades and master of none.. looks great but waste of disc space. ive heard bad things about this from quite a few people. read the reviews at download.com here
i had to reinstall outlook after using it and perfectdisc found 15percent of my disc was still fragmented after using the de-frag on systweak about eight times over 3weeks. my computer is only 3months old so I cant see as how systweak could have accomplished much in its defragging.
Im relatively new to computers and was running CCleaner at the same time- CCleaner found alot more on my sytem that systweak missed. I was a little concerned at first and almost uninstalled the wrong program. thankfully I started to read this forum and got rid of systweak immediately. you are better off with 3 or 4 freeware than 1 advanced optimizer krap!

#5 OFFLINE Invictus

Invictus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:26 PM

Many thanks. I saw this product on the Top Ten Review site, so thought to give it a bash. Rather stick to freeware :P

#6 OFFLINE Eldmannen

Eldmannen

Annoyance

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:Free software, open-source, GNU GPL, Linux, security, encryption, privacy, anonymity.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:08 AM

Cant be worth $39, hehe. Better stick with free software.

#7 OFFLINE Tarun

Tarun

Lunarian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:29 AM

Many thanks. I saw this product on the Top Ten Review site, so thought to give it a bash. Rather stick to freeware  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never trust those review sites. Ask knowledgable pc techs instead. :)