Scan Scheduling

Moonchild

Re:Vista Home Premium w/sp2

Defraggler Version: v2.14.706

Whenever I try to schedule a scan I get an internal error message and defraggler can't schedule the scan. I included a pic of error message if this will be of any help. Has anyone else run into this? Any feedback appreciated.

• Moderators

supplying the error message would be helpful.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

(no fault of yours) but that error message is next to useless !!!.

if it had just said "Yeah, Sorry guys, I can't do that" it would be just as helpful ! not even an error number. Geez.

i just tried to schedule one (DF v2.14.706, Win8 Pro 64bit) and it put an entry in the Schedule Task list. so it seems to be just you, or at least, your setup.

what other options did you supply when setting up the Schedule? (Drive?, Period?, Defrag type?)

obviously try the usual stuff first; uninstall, reboot, reinstall DF.

delving deeper; check the Permissions on the Registry key HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentverison\schedule

(caveat ! play with the Registry at your own risk)

I agree the error message is worthless. Unless your psychic. I've had earlier versions of DF where it would'nt work either and a few it seemed to work perfectly on. I'm not going to mess around to much with it. DF does its job otherwise and I really cant complain. I was just curious that it might be a bug in this version but if it works fine on your machine then its probally my machine. I thank you for replying.

• Moderators

I like your non-stressed attitude. :D

sometimes it is less worry to just accept it the way it works now and count our blessings it isn't worse.

Hey mta. I uninstalled DF with Revo uninstaller just for GP's. Re-installed from the piriform site and scheduling a scan is functional. AMAZING! That very informative error message has vanished. I drove the heathen to the fringes of the earth. Thanks again.

• Moderators

Well, sometimes you do get lucky !

I take it you tried the normal uninstall/reinstall and that didn't help - so it needed the big hammer of a Revo uninstall.

Either way - good news all round.

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same issue on a XP SP3 system.  It's the same useless error described by the original poster so it would be pointless to post it again.   I've tried uninstalling normally and using Revo Uninstaller and each time rebooting... same result.  It's a mystery but the application simply will not work with the task scheduler.

Has anyone else come up with another solution?  Reinstalling the OS is not going to be an option... I'll just find another solution in possibly Auslogics once again.  Much appreciated.

• Moderators

DF version?

• 2 weeks later...

have you guys looked to see if it is not a problem with the windows task scheduler? i only say this because one time i tried to schedule a task for another software and it never really recorded that task. i searched and shearched and i found out that somehow i did something that screwed up the windows task scheduler.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...