Recuva not working for me

DavidC_Surrey

Hi,

I have tried using Recuva on two computers with no luck

On one, some photos were deleted and the computer was not used at all between the deletion and me loading on Recuva. Although the installation of Recuva may have over-written some information, the quantity of pictures deleted was so large that it should not have materially mattered.

Also on the second computer, I have connected the SD drive from my Panasonic camera after my crazy wife entered my office late last night in order to take my camera and delete all the pictures and movies on it - specifically the one I took of her appalling behaviour last night when she was drunk.

I don't particularly care, but there were some photos on there which I took of myself and a whole bunch of old friends who I rarely see and I would very much like to get these back, along with some video I took over the last month of my kids and pets.

As soon as I realised what had happened I pulled the SD card from the camera and inserted it into my computer. I downloaded Recuva stand-alone 64 bit and I have run this on the SD card. Although it says it has found 102 items in the DCIM photo folder, it says "ignored".

This is exactly the same problem I had when trying to use the installed utility on the first computer a few days ago.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this software not actually capable of recovering deleted files?

Thanks

DavidC_Surrey