What are these entrys

theredi

Hi

i just did a scan with CCleaner and its come up with a load of Missing TypeLib References and they all have a name that begins with  " I "

does anyone know what they are or why they have appeared?

i find ones like " IAccessPermission"  and " ICredentialRequest"  quite concerning

thanks in advance for any help.

theredi

post-69345-0-90582000-1397992344_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Please take time to read my signature. You'll have no benefit in removing entries that you don't understand, and run the risk of messing your computer up if you remove the wrong entry. That said CCleaner is gentle in its registry cleaner.

EDIT

As far as the entries that begin with I, usually those are attached to your Antimalware software (most often norton/symantec)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I think those entries are connected with Skype. Do you have Skype or have you recently got rid of it?

The reason I say that is this web page ...

http://totalhash.com/analysis/e7fa542df37dba315b8978ba3d9d5f61a2f3fd91

I took a few of the text strings in your list of registry entries and simply did a search of that page with Firefox's "Find" feature. For example search for "ICredentialRequestedEventData" (no quotes) and it's in that long list.

Every text string beginning with "I" which I copied and pasted into that web page was found.

Here's an example to illustrate what I mean ...

post-8751-0-48539300-1398027846_thumb.jpg

I think every reg entry in your list is the same "I" something or other, and I think the only thing you could break is whatever they came from which does appear to be Skype ...

post-8751-0-92556000-1398028075_thumb.jpg

Taken from the same page.

You say you've "cleaned up" apart from one entry. Do you mean you've deleted all of them?

If that's so and one entry keeps coming back, just "Exclude" it ...

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/excluding-files,-folders,-and-registry-entries

@Nergal: I was bored.  :rolleyes:

EDIT: Welcome to the forum by the way theredi.   :)

Thank you DennisD [:)]

and yes i  have Skye and Ive been playing around uninstalling it and reinstalling different versions in an effort to get rid of the hideous new notice board (ads) part of it.

Ive since completely un installed it and I'm back with my trusty trillian.

yes i did delete the entrys too,i like to live dangerously and often don't press `back up` just for the thrill of the potential danger [:)]

thanks for the response guys,its nice to know i don't have a hacker lodging in my PC with a bunch of ( i ) tools as that was my fear.

also apologies for not introducing myself first and this being my first post (without an intro)

thank you

theredi

• Moderators

You're welcome theredi, but that thrill of potential danger would soon turn to one of abject misery if you screwed up your registry.

Most operating system crashes or refusals to boot come from some issue in the registry as opposed to screwing up on the file side of things.

You could be left with no option but to reinstall Windows depending upon the seriousness of the screw-up. And it is so easy to make a daily backup of the entire registry which you would hope never to use, but is there as a comforting safety net. Most of the guys on here back up the registry in one way or another, and here are two examples of good free software to use ...

ERUNTgui 1.5.0:

Very easy to understand and use, and you set it up to make a back-up of the registry at first boot each day and to keep a set number of rolling back-ups. I've set mine to 3, but you can keep as many as you like. Set it and forget it.

Registry Backup: (Tweaking.com)

I've never actually used this as I've used ERUNT for years, but it's a well respected program and web site, and the developer himself frequents Piriforms hallowed halls on a regular basis.

Your choice of course, but I would hate to see you fall foul of a registery foul-up.   :)

EDIT: Of course you may already make "Disk Image" back-ups of your Operating System, but if you don't ....