Many registry issues after reset and little extra installation

Fangorn

Hello.

I am a new CCleaner user and I not very experienced as to understand registry issues, so I beg you pardon for this.

What puzzles me is that after having reset my pc to factory default, having uninstalled few applications installed by default by Toshiba (Wild Tangent games, McAfee Internet security and Microsoft Office) and having installed very few essential applications (Firefox, Libre office, Foxit reader, ImgBurn, SMplayer, AIMP3 and CCleaner) I scanned the registry for issues with CCleaner and found a very long list. I understand most of the Application Path Issues, since they mainly refer to applications installers that I deleted. What I do not understand completely are the Missed Shared DLL, the ActiveX/COM issues and the invalid firewall rules.

The Missed Shared DLL I understand refer to shared libraries that do not exist anymore. What I do not understand is why they are missed since I just reset my pc. Did I delete them when I uninstalled Wild Tangent games, McAfee Internet security or Microsoft Office?

Most of the ActiveX/COM issues refer to McAfee internet security I uninstalled, so I suppose it should be safe to clean them.

There are invalid firewall rules that I suppose can also be related to McAfee, but I am not sure.

Then there is an 'Unused file extension' (.), an 'Unused registry key' (migwiz.exe), an 'Open with application issue' and two 'Obsolete software key' (Mine, InstallShield). I have no idea what they refer to.

Here is the complete list of issues, if you are interested (sorry for that :)):

Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscoree.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscoree.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Microsoft.JScript.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Microsoft.JScript.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Drawing.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Windows.Forms.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.EnterpriseServices.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Drawing.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Windows.Forms.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.EnterpriseServices.tlb    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\diasymreader.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\iehost.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorrc.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\wminet_utils.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorsec.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.jscript.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vsavb7rt.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscordbi.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.configuration.install.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.data.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Hotkey\StartMenu.exe    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Missing Shared DLL    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Hotkey\ButtonSupport\NotifyTBS.dll    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
Unused File Extension    .    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.
Open with Application Issue    C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office15\FIRSTRUN.EXE /OEM "%1"    HKCR\onenote\shell\open
ActiveX/COM Issue    LocalServer32\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\PlatformServiceFWPS.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{20966775-18A4-4299-B8E3-772C336B52A7}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\PlatformServiceFWPS.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{3BAC5BDD-FCA1-4E2F-9062-6693E80016D8}
ActiveX/COM Issue    LocalServer32\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\PlatformServiceFWPS.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{4B3DBDAB-C46F-40D3-A415-3DB9585F4D00}
ActiveX/COM Issue    LocalServer32\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\PlatformServiceFWPS.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{85C12AD0-200B-48A0-9BEF-880ED5BE9D1D}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\PlatformServiceFWPS.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{A404171B-F5E6-40F5-8E35-90C616052B28}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvcHost\McSvHVer.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{A95B959F-64A9-43E4-A874-C8A77905854A}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcctxmnu.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{01576F39-90DE-4D6E-A068-5B20C22BAAEE}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mqs\shrcore.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{31E65827-45A3-462A-A0CB-0B208F577152}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mpf\mpfpp.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{447CAE10-7647-45f9-9AD8-68243ED5A2DA}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mpf\mpfpp.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{820B1F90-F6DF-4f3a-9658-2A2E12F7B57C}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mvsap.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{874f654b-c2a6-4f89-9195-6c6c3eeb779a}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcoasshm.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{89129896-0240-4245-A9F0-866E06263A0D}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsps.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{94478404-6236-40C4-8850-DF09CE6D95BC}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcoasshm.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{9EA1A0AD-B6AA-4f94-849C-02C8223CE619}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcoasshm.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{A10DDD46-26AA-4b27-8FD1-D8A27A8AAF8C}
ActiveX/COM Issue    LocalServer32\C:\windows\system32\igfxcfg.exe    HKCR\CLSID\{A354BD60-4C0A-11d3-B561-00A0C92E6848}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mpf\mpfpp.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{BD7EC3D0-8A8F-4ab8-9070-07997206D505}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mqs\shredext.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{C88F5D3A-EBE1-4513-AFC9-CE98CBD96A74}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsocfg.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{D1646887-73BC-429E-A2D3-2299B684F91F}
ActiveX/COM Issue    LocalServer32\C:\windows\system32\igfxcfg.exe    HKCR\CLSID\{EE2D6561-D63C-11D2-B561-00A0C92E6848}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mqs\shredext.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{EE480D09-9DD2-49A8-A3C3-B8B4B4F84F19}
ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mqs\shrcore.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{F8855263-6377-4A95-8F34-40BFC158B038}
Unused registry key    migwiz.exe    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\migwiz.exe
Application Paths Issue    RtDobGui.exe - %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Hotkey\BUTTONSUPPORT\RtDobGui.exe    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\RtDobGui.exe
Application Paths Issue    WiDiFnf5.exe - %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Hotkey\BUTTONSUPPORT\WiDiFnf5.exe    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\WiDiFnf5.exe
Application Paths Issue    C:\Program Files\mcafee\msc\mcuihost.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Program Files (x86)\WildGames\uninstall.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\Firefox Setup Stub 28.0.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\LibreOffice_4.2.3_Win_x86.msi    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\smplayer-14.3.0-x64.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\FoxitReader614.0217_enu_Setup.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\install_flashplayer13x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Obsolete software key    Mine    HKCU\Software\Mine
Obsolete software key    InstallShield    HKLM\Software\InstallShield
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-In-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-WSD-In-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    Collab-P2PHost-WSD-Out-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\p2phost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-In-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-In-UDP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-Out-UDP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-Prov-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\mcx2prov.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    MCX-McrMgr-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\ehome\mcrmgr.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-In-TCP-NoScope - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-Out-TCP-NoScope - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-WSD-In-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-WSD-Out-UDP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-In-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    NetPres-Out-TCP - %SystemRoot%\system32\netproj.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    {3E884939-1FFA-40E3-B02F-322E7B2BA24A} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\platform\mcsvchost\McSvHost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
Invalid firewall rule    {4C8D163F-50FA-4CA4-B04D-A1DABB106348} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\platform\mcsvchost\McSvHost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

• Moderators

let's get straight to the nuts and bolts.

firstly, you will always get CC reporting 'registry errors' as soon as you have finished reloading Windows and before you do anything else (except install CC), you will have quite a few entries already reporting as errors.

secondly, CC has a very softly-softly approach to registry cleaning, almost (almost) to the point where you can safely trust what it says.

thirdly, but just in case, always to the offered backup option before removing registry entries.

and last but not least, at the end of the day there is usually, hardly any benefit to be noticed in performing a registry clean.

(and read @Nergal's signature which may appear in the upcoming posts)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Signature below these words

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Many thanks for your help, I will be cautious with CCleaner.

I am afraid I won't be able to use McAfee removal tool because I didn't register McAfee before ununstalling it. Quoting: "If your McAfee products were preinstalled by your computer manufacturer, ensure that you activate your McAfee subscription before you uninstall them". Thanks anyway.

I used McAfee removal tool MCPR.

After a new CCleaner registry scan, there are still McAfee leftovers.

For your reference:

ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\PlatformServiceFWPS.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{A404171B-F5E6-40F5-8E35-90C616052B28}

ActiveX/COM Issue    InProcServer32\c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsocfg.dll    HKCR\CLSID\{D1646887-73BC-429E-A2D3-2299B684F91F}

Application Paths Issue    C:\Program Files\mcafee\msc\mcuihost.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

Invalid firewall rule    {3E884939-1FFA-40E3-B02F-322E7B2BA24A} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\platform\mcsvchost\McSvHost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

Invalid firewall rule    {4C8D163F-50FA-4CA4-B04D-A1DABB106348} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\platform\mcsvchost\McSvHost.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

• Moderators

If you removed mcafee, it's fine to remove those entries.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com