Missing programs in "Programs and Features"

m0t

Hello,

I repair computers and lately I saw a few computers, all running on Windows 7, with missing programs in "Programs and Features" :
0l5dB.th.jpg
The programs that are missing in "Programs and Features" could be viewed in the Uninstall function of CCleaner :
ykL34.th.png

To clean the computers, and get rid of all the crapware installed, I used Combofix, AdwCleaner and did a full scan with Kaspersky.
When I saw that the missing programs didn't reappear, I did a "sfc /scannow", used Tweaking Windows Repair and did, in last resort, a Windows repair using a Windows 7 DVD and choosing "Upgrade" :
P42Yr.th.jpg

The programs didn't reappear even after all of this.
I know that programs can disappear in "Programs and Features" if the DisplayName value, in the registry, is more then 64 characters long :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The thing is that the entries of the installed programs missing in "Programs and Features" are not in the above paths.
How can CCleaner see those programs ?

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks,
m0t

You said all the computers were running Windows 7?

In your CCleaner screenshot it says Vista.

I was too lazy to take a screenshot on one of the computers that have the problem, I took the first screenshoot I found on Google Image.

If you're repairing computers as a business you should be using a business version of CCleaner, for which you will receive priority support.

I never use CCleaner in a usual repair. I was just curious to see if CCleaner would be able to see the programs. Revo Uninstaller Free edition doesn't.