Added option to skip User Account Control (UAC) warning.

PiriFan

In the changelog for the latest version it states:

v3.19.1721 (24 May 2012) - Added option to skip User Account Control (UAC) warning.

I do not see this option and when I click on the CCleaner I still get the Windows 7 popup to open program. Please let me know if I understand this correctly or if there is an option to select to disable the Windows 7 warning when I open CCleaner. Thanks.

Yes, it's there.

Click on Options, then Advanced and use the scroll bar to get to the bottom of the list of options. It is the next to the last option check box.

However, on my Win7 laptop, I still get the UAC warning with the new option checked.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• 2 weeks later...

how the heck did I miss that when it is right in my face? lol thanks for the screenshot. This feature works too! I wish all programs would offer that option since m$ won't

EDIT

Oh wait this effects all programs? Hmm, is it possible to make it only limit that option for CCleaner or maybe a more advanced feature to display a list to select which programs skip UAC warning?

• Moderators

I believe that is the case but couldn't find the post that I read that said that

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

This option to skip User Account Control message is great.

However, I have one question: I thought this option would be saved in the ccleaner.ini-file, but this is not the case.

Can anyone tell me where this setting is stored?

Probably stored by UAC in Windows because UAC is not Portable.

Post #5 above observes :-

Oh wait this effects all programs? Hmm, is it possible to make it only limit that option for CCleaner or maybe a more advanced feature to display a list to select which programs skip UAC warning?

There is no way that a non-Piriform program would benefit from a CCleaner.ini setting, so I guess UAC itself has been "tamed".

I found out already, it is done by a scheduled task, when "skip User Account Control message" is activated within ccleaner, a scheduled task is created.

When i turn off "skip User Account Control message", the scheduled task is also gone..

• 4 months later...

No way to get working "skip User Account Control (UAC) warning" on some PC's

User Account Control (UAC) warning always pops up when starting ccleaner v3.23.1823

I unstalled ccleaner and reinstalled it. No change

Hope someone has a solution. It's really anoying.

• Moderators

dosser you have a topic you need to not post the same issue in somebody else's thread.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=36106

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 years later...

dosser you have a topic you need to not post the same issue in somebody else's thread.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=36106

Hi Nergal.

Unfortunately, that thread contains a link to re-direct back to this one.

I'm up to v503 (latest) and still can't get the "Skip UAC" facility to work on some machines. They are all windows 7 - but some are 32 bit and some are 64 bit. I have to say that I can't really see any pattern to this. Mostly, it works fine in my experience.

To make matters worse, if I do input UAC Admin credentials for a non-admin user ccleaner proceeds to clear the internet cache of the admin user (rather than the user that is physically logged into the machine).

If anyone can provide a little insight. I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards, Stephen