Iphone 5

rridgely

• Moderators

I've never been anywhere where NFC was used.

I decided to go for it because of build quality, camera improvements, and the operating system. I have my nexus 7 which I like but I'm not sure I want that OS on my phone. I have a problem with the way android manages running applications, I don't want programs killing my battery.

Fair enough. I suppose I just feel more comfortable with Android (mostly due to the ability to flash custom ROMs, etc)

I still feel like Apple could've put out a more impressive product given the time span between the two phones. I hope they don't add NFC to the iPhone 6 and act like it's new. :P

iPhones are cool, I guess, but I can't see throwing away half my paycheck just to have a "cool" phone every month.

Wait 2 weeks & Apple will have a new, newer Phone, that makes the old one "obsolete" & cause u to drool your way into a never ending up-grade path that sucks you dry in the process. All I can see is: -> They get rich off making me broke... No, no, no, not a good thing... :P

I prefer my cheapo basic phone. All I use it for is to call or text. Nothing else. I save computer gaming & web surfing for computers.

• Moderators

People have smartphone for other reasons than it's cool. I use mine for work(email and sending documents primarily), I use it as a camera(have a nice sony as well but only carry it around sometimes), and also for fun(check movie times, ect). I don't browse the internet on my phone very often, but it would be very had for me to get what I need done without it.

Nodles, I disagree about the iphone. I'm definitely not an Apple fan but it's the most user friendly smart phone out right now. Best screen(quality not size), best camera, and largest selection of software. Could change but at the moment its #1. I don't use a mac computer but I do love my phone.

• Moderators

i'm surprised how quickly samsung and htc started legal proceedings for the use of lte :lol:

I'm pretty sure the judge already threw out Samsung's claims, not sure about HTC.

After having this phone for a few days, I have to say I'm loving it. This thing smokes every other mobile device I've ever used in regards to speed. (even my nexus 7) The screen is beautiful and the size seems perfect. I have it in an otterbox and I'm not sure I would want anything bigger in my pocket.

On a side note:

I bought a game called Horn for my nexus 7 yesterday for 25cents(usually $7 I think) Game is AWESOME! Favorite mobile game so far.

• Moderators

Yeah, I haven't tried the maps yet. I don't use my phone as a GPS though(have a garmin gps). I'm sure google will put out an app like they did with the new youtube app. I don't really know what all the outrage was about, you can use google maps in safari and there are tons of map applications for free.

I also bought a batman game during the android sale, but its a laggy mess. I haven't had time to see if I can fix it. At least it was only a quarter.

Checked it on my iPad today, they've made some decent improvements, but it's still leagues away from Google Maps.

I don't oft' buy apps, but I was inclined to buy Swift Key3 for my phone (i use thumb keyboard on my tablet, thanks to Amazon's free app of the day) on sale for $0.99 the other day. I think so far I've used about $10 of the $25 I was given for buying the Nexus 7 - $5 of which was on the subscription to DeskSMS (lets you use SMS from computer and tablet, via google talk or your browser or email client.)

• Moderators

I like swift key. I have the tablet version on my nexus.

I spent my google money the first day.(bought a bunch of games) I wish I would have grabbed that office app during the sale. I forgot and it expired. <_<