Defraggler defrag then did a pc restart into attempting pc repair never happened before, help?

planb2500

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.

So i did an update of defraggler yesterday and went ahead to do a defrag with defraggler on my non ssd hard drive. everything went as normal, and i usually always do a pc shut down and boot up after a defrag except this time my pc got stuck at the loading screen with the blue windows icon on my hp pavillion dv7 notebook running windows 8.1 pro saying diagnosing pc and then attempting to repair pc and it gets stuck there. i have tried all the recovery environment options, the refresh/ boot in safe mode...ect, i tried putting in the recovery cd and doing a refresh that way, tried it for doing one of my system restore points and i found out their are no restore points even though i created 5 of them through the time of having owning this pc. I have also noticed that when i did have the restore cd running that when i was browsing through looking for drivers to install (system image restore didnt work neither) that their was a new drive letter "x:/" which is 500 megabytes in size like it is its own partition or something, not sure, but i have never seen that before neither. i was able to get into the command prompt through the recovery enviroment and when it loaded and came on screen it was displaying "x:/windows/system32/..." so after reading up on some boot up problems i typed into the command prompt bootrec.exe fixmbr - fixboot and rebuild bcr it all said was successfull, restarted tried booting again still the same problem so i went back into command prompt change the drive letter to c and type in the same values tried to reboot and still my hp is "attempting to repair pc"..... then i loaded ubuntu operating system and ran it off the cd in my hp notebook open up gparted same thing as windows disk management and i saw my partitions on the drive except anything hinting towards the 500 mb drive letter x.  or else i would of deleted it. i have exhuasted all my options and i absolutely do not want to use my recoverycd to format and do a fresh install as i have a lot of documents on their such as my work resume and not to mention  music and movies. Can someone please help me with this GREATLY APPRECIATED!?

• Moderators

I am a bit unclear as to whether when you used the ubuntu cd you were able to see your C drive?

If you can see your C drive, are your documents etc visible? If yes, copy them to a flash drive or external drive as quick as you can so that at least they are safe and if you do have to re-install Win 8.1 at least you will have your docs.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yeah i was able to access the c drive by manually navigating through the drive, ubuntu listed as 750gb hdd (apart form gparted) accessing all 1k songs i have some saved notepads along with gta san andreas game files,  but i guess my vids and some other stuff had different permissions on them. Thats my problem though i would have it being backed up right now but unfortunately what im using right now is an old xp laptop with 80 gb hd and no other back up storage available and im broke with my media folder being over 200 somethin gigs. but i would still need/love to get back into the operating system so i dont have to redo all my music in itunes/ unable to deauthorize pc and all the other bull that goes along with a reinstall, plus i dont know if ill be able to get back some of that stuff i cant access. really kinda hoping piriform can help with this, becuase before the update, i used defaggler just fine and did pc restarts untill this last one they just had which i ran it right after and then to see that, really got me scratching my head here haha