laptop rendered inoperable after CCleaner scan with windows 10

Mazzu19

Hello there, this is my first post and I'm quite sure I haven't found this issue reported in past discussions but I'm accessing from my phone as my laptop is not accessible anymore. I apologise if I missed something.

My laptop is an HP ENVY dv6 with an i7 ans I'm sorry I can't get more precise details as I'm cut off from any information on my laptop at the moment. I have an nvidia geforce gt 635m, 16 Gb of RAM; originally this laptop had Windows 8 but switched to 10 a few months ago.

I ran a rather complete scan, leaving out only "Wipe out free space"; the other options were all ticked. After the scan, everything seemed normal but nothing was working anymore after very few seconds: start button, ctrl+alt+canc, nothing. So, I forced shutdown but pressing the switch long enough.

Now, I get a partial boot HP logo but no BIOS access and the screen just turns black and nothing happens. I tried to apply some of the working solutions suggested when at least the pointer was there but I have no pointer, no apparent hdd activity. Nothing.

I am quite lost and honestly have no ideas. Formatting would be a solution but I have no ways to change the boot sequence

I'd be most grateful for any help.

Thank you!

• Moderators

I have seen a couple of PC's, after upgrading to Windows 10 get a black screen, but those have been PC's running Norton's and is a known issue on some setups.

Your problem is the PC can't even get to BIOS (if I have understood your post correctly).

You get the HP splash logo, probably from the BIOS firmware but no further.

Have you tried hit the key to get into your BIOS; Del, F2, Esc, or whatever it is for your PC?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Can you download the Win 10 iso using a friends PC and try and boot and do a repair with that?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

Is there a reason you ran a 'very complete scan'  and didn't just stick to the default options?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com