CC cleans index.dat files?

latitude

Does cc cleaner actually remove files downloaded from the internet and traces of internet history?

Somebody suggested using privacy mantra to delete index.dat files for privacy, but wondered if cc did this already?

Does cc cleaner actually remove files downloaded from the internet and traces of internet history?

Somebody suggested using privacy mantra to delete index.dat files for privacy, but wondered if cc did this already?

Hi latitude,

CCleaner will mark the index.dat file for deletion at next boot.Windows will then create a new one.

CCleaner will also clean the Internet files you are talking about.

Just be sure that these are check marked in the Internet options list on the Windows tab.

Use this link to read the CCleaner Guide.Bookmark it and use it often.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

Good luck,

:) davey

Hi latitude,

CCleaner will mark the index.dat file for deletion at next boot.Windows will then create a new one.

CCleaner will also clean the Internet files you are talking about.

Just be sure that these are check marked in the Internet options list on the Windows tab.

Use this link to read the CCleaner Guide.Bookmark it and use it often.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

Good luck,

Thanks Davey :rolleyes:

I see this now in the guide, but two more questions if I may:

1. I use Firefox for my browser and 2. Having to re-boot on a regular basis to rid the dat files seems to a non-IT person like me a bit involved. Does that mean I have to install the op system as well on reboot?

Thanks for advise.

Nick :(

2. Having to re-boot on a regular basis to rid the dat files seems to a non-IT person like me a bit involved.
Its as simple as clicking on start then Turn Off Computer then selecting Restart

Does that mean I have to install the op system as well on reboot?
No.

It just means that a Soft reboot of the computer is necessary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_%28computer%29#Rebooting

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thanks Davey :rolleyes:

I see this now in the guide, but two more questions if I may:

1. I use Firefox for my browser and 2. Having to re-boot on a regular basis to rid the dat files seems to a non-IT person like me a bit involved. Does that mean I have to install the op system as well on reboot?

Thanks for advise.

Nick :(

Hi latitude,

YoKenny has provided you with the answers to your questions in the previous post.

If you turn your computer off each day that is sufficient.

Some users leave them on 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week.In that case it is advisable to do a Soft reboot once a day.

Good luck,