Firefox/Mozilla cache cleaning was skipped.

CSGalloway

Under what conditions does the message in the subject appear? From the exported log file i see:

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cgo3pyp7.default\formhistory.sqlite 7 KB

Thanks in advance

Under what conditions does the message in the subject appear? From the exported log file i see:

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cgo3pyp7.default\formhistory.sqlite 7 KB

You see that message when you run CCleaner with Firefox running. Due to the way Firefox is built CCleaner can't clean its cache files while it's open so skips them and provides that message :)

You see that message when you run CCleaner with Firefox running. Due to the way Firefox is built CCleaner can't clean its cache files while it's open so skips them and provides that message smile.gif

Does the cleaning take place at the next reboot?

Might be a good thing to consider adding some delayed cleaning at reboot....

why? If you want the cache cleared on exiting set firefox to handle it.

No fate but what we make

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to set firefox to clean the caches when exiting please? Or direct me to the online docs for how to do so in firefox?

If you go to the menu bar at the top of the firefox window, click Tools>Options, then in options window click on "Privacy". Towards the bottom of the privacy section tick the box for "Clear history when Firefox closes". You can then click the "Settings" button next to it and select what you want to be cleared on FF shutdown

Can someone tell me how to set firefox to clean the caches when exiting please? Or direct me to the online docs for how to do so in firefox?

This is not being sarcastic or any thing, but in future use google for questions like that.

"set firefox to clean the caches when exiting please?"

returns http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=set+firefox+to+clean+the+caches+when+exiting+please%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

ident I thought the poster asked for help on how to do what he wanted to do in a perfectly polite and reasonable manner.

Plus JD Power has been kind enough to reply thus giving other Firefox/Ccleaner users the knowledge on how to do this as well :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

ident I thought the poster asked for help on how to do what he wanted to do in a perfectly polite and reasonable manner.

Plus JD Power has been kind enough to reply thus giving other Firefox/Ccleaner users the knowledge on how to do this as well :)

I know that, hence why i said this is not sarcastic. I was trying to help them learn by using google, as waiting for an answer can some times take a while.

No fate but what we make