Wiped out all my documents

willitara

• Moderators

If you are coming to a forum that supports a piece of software regarding an issue you have, it is important to give as much info as possible instead of just saying 'all my docs are gone' Otherwise it is assumed you are just spamming.

What operating system do you have?

What build of Ccleaner do you have?

Did you do a registry clean?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I ran the program as usual, but didn't go back to my computer for several hours.  When I signed back on I wanted to see a copy of the tax return I had saved but it was gone.  That's when I discovered there were no documents at all.  In fact the library which includes documents, videos, pictures, etc is totally empty.

I just got home from work and intended to use the suggestion from hazelnut and when I went to the libraries all my documents are there.  I really don't know what happened, but I'm very thankful to have them all back.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will definitely keep it in mind if this ever happens again.

• Moderators

Is there any way to recover these?

While the suggestion worked to restore your files it's worth also having a good backup strategy such as using disk imaging software to backup everything, or something that will copy your important files to external storage such as a USB Thumb Drive, Portable Hard Disk, CDs/DVD, etc.