items cleaned by default - Applications vs. Windows

Ashley_F

Hi.

New user here with a question . . . .

When CCleaner's user interface is opened, there's a column on the left with an Applications button and a Windows button at the top. Below the Windows button, a list of the Windows files and programs that CCleaner cleans is displayed. 

Clicking the Applications button changes the view to a list of the various non-Windows programs that CCleaner cleans. The view can be changed by toggling the Windows and Applications buttons back and forth. 

What I would like to know is this . . .

By default, when a scan is run, does CCleaner only clean the items displayed by whichever button happens to be the one currently toggled? In other words, if I click the Applications button (which then displays a list of the non-Windows items), will these be the only items cleaned by CCleaner (i.e., the ones shown under Applications)?

Or instead, will CCleaner automatically clean the Windows items too — even if the Windows button isn't the one currently highlighted? 

(Screenshots are attached to illustrate exactly what I am referring to.)

Thanks.

post-72686-0-33086900-1429373699_thumb.png

post-72686-0-78273900-1429373748_thumb.png

• Moderators

A scan and clean in the cleaner section runs through both the windows and applications tab at the same time.

Hope that helps.

In other words

CCleaner automatically clean(s) the Windows items too — even if the Windows button isn't the one currently highlighted

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com