BSOD Bad-Pool-Caller

tonybrookes

Hi

On my computer I'm getting frequent BSOD's through this and downloaded CCleaner to see if anything there can help. I've cleaned the registry but as I'm still getting problems is there anything on CCleaner that might help, or can anyone suggest anything such as good driver update software etc? I know this is not very specific but any help will be appreciated with thanks.

• Moderators

Frequent BSOD's can be caused by failing hardware! Or some buggy software you're using like an antivirus software, firewall software, web browser, etc, or something that's resident all the time or some of the time.

On the hardware side run a memory test with for example Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic - it's built into Win7, and perhaps newer versions of Windows - choose the Extended Test option and then let it run at least 1 pass, although multiple passes (2, 3, 7, etc.,) may be required to actually find if it is failing RAM causing the issue. One thing though back in December 2015 when I had failing RAM two separate memory testing programs failed to detect the faulty RAM I had, however Windows itself during startup finally detected it.

It could be any hardware component causing it, although the usual culprits in my opinion if it is hardware related are RAM, Hard Disk, Graphics Card, Power Supply. Other hardware that isn't typically prone to failure can be difficult to track down.

Thanks. I was looking to either manually update drivers or find a good updating software. Failing that, enabling remote access. When I have more time I'll check the event log and post relevant info in the Microsoft forums to see if that can provide clearer help but this is annoying