CCleaner v5.00.5050 looks like ****

Special

Does anyone really believe that Piriform will pay any attention to their user base?

Look at all the other software companies that went for the flat look (foxit, malwarebytes, etc) and how user complaints made no difference at all.

It would be incredible if Piriform suddenly announced that the UI would get a significant change as per user comments.

It's not going to happen.

The sad truth is, that Piriform, like other companies, will never understand that software development should be a co-operative process.

Not just making major changes and then giving users the finger, or the silent treatment (which seems to be what we are getting).

Yeah  right.  And, that's why you made your comment here. ;)

Are you trying to say that, because I think it's a hopeless situation, I shouldn't post here?

My comment was directed at my fellow users, not at Piriform who don't care what I think about their product.

Who knows? Maybe someone who has some influence will decide to post something.

All I can do is make short rant once in a while, even though it likely won't make any difference.

As a user of Ccleaner, I think I should be allowed to do that, anyway.

• Moderators

as soon as these threads which were only created to make a rant (which is fine) descend into personal attacks (however light heartedly at this stage) start down that slippery slope, perhaps a Moderator needs to consider stepping in and closing the thread.

or maybe move it to the Lounge for a good 'ol free for all ! :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

as soon as these threads which were only created to make a rant (which is fine) descend into personal attacks (however light heartedly at this stage) start down that slippery slope, perhaps a Moderator needs to consider stepping in and closing the thread.

or maybe move it to the Lounge for a good 'ol free for all ! :)

Better yet. Perhaps?  They will take note. They have responded in the past to complaints very well.

• Moderators

There is a lot of feeling going on around the new interface, after 3 pages I think we all can see that.

Some posters just plain don't like it and others object to the way it looks on their machines (eg Win7)

Others have reported issues, bugs with the new GUI e.g too big for screen, covers buttons etc.

Now there is a limit to how long a thread such as this can keep going and offer something new to the table.

Believe me the devs are aware of this thread, anymore 'I hate it too' type posts aren't being constructive.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

There is a lot of feeling going on around the new interface, after 3 pages I think we all can see that.

Some posters just plain don't like it and others object to the way it looks on their machines (eg Win7)

Others have reported issues, bugs with the new GUI e.g too big for screen, covers buttons etc.

Now there is a limit to how long a thread such as this can keep going and offer something new to the table.

Believe me the devs are aware of this thread, anymore 'I hate it too' type posts aren't being constructive.

If you would like something constructive... I am more than willing to donate towards CCleaner. But, the asking price for the full version is too high. What's added to the full version is nothing I need of.  If you could provide a page to make a donation done in appreciation for the free version? I believe you would find many to be willing. I have wanted to in the past.  But the only option to give money has been for a version I do not need. And at a price that I find too inconvenient. 

But, this new GUI? It is what would make me wait before that could take place.  Please.. I lhave loved your product and have recommended it many times to others.

• Moderators

Genez this thread is about the GUI and not about donations and how you would consider donating if the GUI is changed.

As I said unless new and constructive input is given about the thread subject it may have to be closed.

By the way donations page has been around a while.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/faq

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

In response to some points made in earlier posts.

I have the CCleaner Pro version, which I paid for, so feel at liberty to make any adverse comments I wish.

Don't be misled by the small percentages of posts on here complaining, every CCleaner user I have spoken to hates the new look, most of them didn't even know this Forum existed and the others say they will just move to something else.

Most of them, like me, moved away from Malwarebytes when they changed the look and I had the subscription version of that as well.

Please, don't exaggerate so much.

It's not an improvement, but every day you see that things which are good need to be changed into something else. I think it's just boredom. Change for the sake of change.

Just accept it and live on.

• Moderators

it may be just me, but this thread really is going nowhere...

I think these threads speak for themselves.. not a single thread have I seen a single developer feedback on the UGLY of the new UI.  Since that means version 4 will be absolete soon I am hoping that Bleachbit gets the White list in for Cookies and I will not look back.  When developers won't even comment in the thread about the opinions from users they are basically saying we are nothing but CRAP in there eyes and they don't care about the users at all.

I have abandoned ship from several apps already where the companies have done this and looks like CCleaner will be another in my growing list of Apps I will no longer use or recommend to anyone.  The original UI was a very professional and clean looking UI the new one is crap that reminds me of adware and malware interfaces.

I like how the numbers shown are only for these forums.. there is many sites out there with users that say the interface is UGLY.

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/15/first-look-at-ccleaner-5-0s-new-interface/

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

http://www.davescomputertips.com/ccleaner-new-version-new-look/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19608183?pi31449=2

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29669309-BETA-CCleaner-v5.0-is-now-available-in-Beta- (they actually locked the thread)

http://malwaretips.com/threads/ccleaner-5-00-5050.38038/

There is more users than what is just on these forums. 

• Moderators

Although I agree that the Devs are missing a golden opportunity to 'connect' with their users, this Forum has always been a one-way street.

From User to Dev, not the other way around.

I have no logic behind why this is so, but Devs very rarely post on the Forum except to announce new releases or to seek further descriptions of bugs.

This is a Community Forum where all members (including Moderators) volunteer their advice to try and help others, usually on Piriform products, but not restricted to just those.

No member has any official affiliation with Piriform (that I know of).

So no member posting any comments; good, bad or otherwise, should expect a reply from... well... anybody really. :)

"Which really confirms the impression that Piriform has complete disregard for its customers."

CCleaner free is fully functional except in regard to the monitoring stuff. 

I really don't understand the heat level generated by the new GUI.  Obviously some folks don't like it, but why the hyperbole? 

Just use an older version. 

If you're a paying customer, try an older version with your license key.  (Out on a limb here, never tried that myself.)

Edit:  no offense meant to any individual, group, just sayin' . . .

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I really don't understand the heat level generated by the new GUI.  Obviously some folks don't like it, but why the hyperbole? 

Because its not just bad.  Its terrible. 

Its seems like someone is trying to sabatage Piriform. Microsoft had to listen to the same sort of thing when Windows 8 came out.  It was deserved. I think too many of the younger designers may not separate what is meant to be practical from what is to be a video game, or an app for a cell phone.  I recently bought a very expensive fanless computer.  Only under one condition.  No Windows 8!   Windows 7 only.  Why?  Ask Microsoft.  They know why.  Why?  Because of the feedback they received from customers.

OK, some folks don't like the new GUI.

A few cite functional issues, but most just don't like the GUI. 

But the level of agitation, though, ???.  

- one poster equates the new GUI with the general repression of personal preference in society.

- one poster "went unhinged" when avast changed their GUI.

- one poster speaks for the masses and uses the first person plural pronoun almost exclusively.

- one poster fantasizes about slapping interface designers.

- one poster has decided to buy a MAC.

- one poster asserts that "It's burns my eyes to look at it."

- one poster asserts that you get eye cancer by looking on this. 

Just plain silly.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

OK, some folks don't like the new GUI.

A few cite functional issues, but most just don't like the GUI. 

But the level of agitation, though, ???.  

Just plain silly.

The level of agitation is because the new GUI warrants it.  It's not hyperbole.  The 5.00 GUI seriously surpassed even the new low levels that the likes of Foxit Reader, FileHippo, MBAM 2.0x, the various latest versions of MS Office Suite and various other software had gone down to with their new flat throwback, ultra economized looks.

It might not be unanimous that everyone hates the new 5.00 GUI, but it is also by no means just a micro small, renegade group of disgruntled users who hate it ... as evidenced by the many comments to that point.

As to the why the need for all the negative "me too" comments after the point was initially brought up?  If only 5 or so people had spoken up regarding not liking the new 5.00 GUI, it would be way easier for Piriform to chalk it off to a very small, insignificant speed bump that came with the territory of releasing any new software ... and not something that might need to be fixed.  It would have been very easy to go, "Oh well, 5 people didn't like the new GUI.  That's to be expected."  The more people that spoke up, the better chance there was of Piriform taking serious the idea that they possibly missed the target.

Windows 8 now comes with a downgrade license

Did you just discover this? There's nothing new or even Windows 8 specific about it. Users have had Windows downgrade rights for a long time now.

• Close button not flushly in corner

Agree with most of your keen UI observations, especially the one above which bugs the heck out of me. They've tried their best to copy the Windows 8 frame border but not only does it look completely out of place on Windows 7, the worst part is it disobeys Fitts' Law. In Windows (all versions since perhaps 95) the native window frame has a small blank space to the right (and in older versions also the top) of the close button, BUT if the window is maximized one can simply throw the mouse pointer to the top right corner and click there and it will activate the button. Clearly the copycat UI was made by developers who haven't really studied how the original functions. Now an action that should require next to no effort at all (simple closing of the app window) makes me pause every single time and ultimately wastes precious time. (Please don't bother to tell me how there are lots of other ways to close the window. Those have nothing to do with the UI complaint above.)

I'm actually not opposed to CCleaner looking more like a native app on Windows 8, but it should not only follow the same principles on Windows 7 too, it should also function properly with no UI inconsistencies that show carelessness on the part of the developers.

• Moderators

wouldn't it be handy for members to express their concerns with the new GUI to have one of those 'voting' threads, like we have for "What AV do you use?"

offer maybe a few questions, so the Devs get a feel for their concerns?

Do you like the new v5 UI?  Yes or No

Have you gone back to v4?  Yes or No

What do you want changed with the new GUI?  and offer choices for; Colours, remove flat theme, follow Windows Personalisation, etc

wouldn't it be handy for members to express their concerns with the new GUI to have one of those 'voting' threads, like we have for "What AV do you use?"

offer maybe a few questions, so the Devs get a feel for their concerns?

Do you like the new v5 UI?  Yes or No

Have you gone back to v4?  Yes or No

What do you want changed with the new GUI?  and offer choices for; Colours, remove flat theme, follow Windows Personalisation, etc

Would be handy,  and probably much easier for the moderators to manage.  But this way tells you so much more about the poster.  :)

• Moderators

I'd recommend not doing it on these forums but instead on one of those poll sites to give anyone willing to take part the opportunity without having to register on the forums. That and it wouldn't be a thread on here that could possibly get closed, hidden, or deleted.

• Moderators

That and it wouldn't be a thread on here that could possibly get closed, hidden, or deleted.

I did not know that.  So those What firewall... & What AV... etc ones are there for life?

• Moderators

yep