Cookie scan supporting regex/wildcards?

zarchasmpgmr

I see this was suggested a couple of years ago. The piriform.com entry that's installed there has an asterisk, which implies that it is supported, but the documentation doesn't mention support for regex or wildcards (or my Google fu fails me, which is certainly not a surprise).

This would allow me to make the cookie list (much) smaller, making that part of cleaning go somewhat faster. And as an optimization expert, I'm always wanting to go faster.  :)

Can anyone verify whether this feature is supported?

zarchasmpgmr

IBM System z system tools assembler/C software engineer

Working with IBM mainframe hardware since 1980

The piriform.com entry that's installed there has an asterisk, which implies that it is supported

Totally wrong.

The asterisk means AT your own RISK.

It appears against every item which is NOT part of the Piriform product but is an extra prune caused by using Winapp2.ini.

• Moderators

It's about cookies Alan not winapp2.ini where when doing an Intelligent Scan it automatically inputs: *.piriform.com

All other cookies to keep would be like www.somesite.com, apps.sometime.com, help.somesite.com and imagine a dozen others versus simply using *.somesite.com

• 8 months later...

It's about cookies Alan not winapp2.ini where when doing an Intelligent Scan it automatically inputs: *.piriform.com

All other cookies to keep would be like www.somesite.com, apps.sometime.com, help.somesite.com and imagine a dozen others versus simply using *.somesite.com

Curious, would including *.somesite.com also cover cookies issued from a URL at the site that has no subdomain like somesite.com or would that need to be entered separately or is their an alternative regular expression that would cover all domains at a site with or without a subdomain.