ccleaner update

f23948

• Moderators

you can always uninstall, reboot and install new version if the over-the-top install doesn't work for some reason (it has been known).

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

To eliminate exceedingly long cleaning cycles, I was advised to  install the 'Slim' version and that was successful. When it comes to the next update, is that likely to re-introduce the problem?

• Moderators

I'm not aware of any difference in the cleaning cycles between the slim and fat version. (And your post is not really relevant to this thread.)

• Moderators

@TopGeek I'm not quite sure why you felt this other person's thread was the proper place to ask, but I'll quote you exactly what I previously said about the slim build and it's (non) effect on the cleaning process itself.

Note: there is 100% zero difference between the regular and slim versions. The only difference is within the installation process. The former includes a revenue generating google bundle and the latter doesn't. Any perceived differences beyond that are placebo.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@TopGeek I'm not quite sure why you felt this other person's thread was the proper place to ask, but I'll quote you exactly what I previously said about the slim build and it's (non) effect on the cleaning process itself.

I'm a newcomer to this forum and to the intricacies of CCleaner. This thread is entitled 'ccleaner update' so it seemed to me perfectly reasonable to ask a supplementary question regarding updating. If that was inappropriate, I humbly apologise to the OP for highjacking his thread.

• Moderators

. I'm a newcomer to this forum and to the intricacies of CCleaner. This thread is entitled 'ccleaner update' so it seemed to me perfectly reasonable to ask a supplementary question regarding updating. If that was inappropriate, I humbly apologise to the OP for highjacking his thread.
Cool no problem, we all take a little bit to figure out each individual website, and you're correct that the thread titleis a little general

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com