Spotify's new privacy policy

hazelnut

• Moderators

Spotify has brought out a new privacy policy which has angered a lot of users.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34016658

The streaming platform now wants access to pictures, contact phone numbers and sensor data stored on the user's smartphone as well as permission to view social media activity.

Spotify said the changes would help it "tailor improved user experience"

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Only a short amount of time ago Sony made them the default music service for the PlayStation, I personally uninstalled it days ago before the privacy policy change due to having some music playing and then an advert to buy a premium account blared through my speakers which was enough for me to get rid of it.

I've found out personally that they're extremely difficult, or near impossible to get your account fully closed and someone else on their forums backs up that as he also couldn't get his account closed, and changing the preferred email settings for them to never send you email is ignored.

in cooperation with... do you know what i mean ;)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators
in cooperation with... do you know what i mean ;)

I also have no clue what you mean :wacko:

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

The streaming platform now wants access to pictures, contact phone numbers and sensor data stored on the user's smartphone as well as permission to view social media activity.

In this context, there are one or the other-we call it: "club" which thereby easily comes to personal data. :ph34r: ;)

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

...uhhhh ok.

Back to spotify, as a music producer I've found them to be...well, Evil. This new policy just goes to show that they, like every-other algorithmic service, are going to pretend to know you better by using your data, but really just want to sell ads "directed" at you.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

In this context, there are one or the other-we call it: "club" which thereby easily comes to personal data. :ph34r:;)

...uhhhh ok.

Still unclear what you meant Trium.  :lol:

The advertising thing shocked me blaring loudly in my speakers when I could clearly see on my screen the ability to update to premium. I wonder how many other people have uninstalled it after having an experience like I did since it's a big turn-off.

Nergal most sites like that are as you stated Evil towards artists, etc. Who knows they may slip up one day and be shut down due to some licensing violation.

• Moderators

I stuck with Spotify for a month or two before they ticked me off and I discovered Pandora & haven't looked back.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

"sorry, but we still steal your user infos." :lol: sounds very funny

• Moderators

Until they have done something wrong I'm sticking with spotify.

I honestly don't think there has ever been a better way to consume music than these new streaming services and spotify is still the best one out for now. They have high quality streams, a huge library, and a very accessible interface available on pretty much every device. Even my smart tv has a spotify app. 

I used to buy tons of cds, now I pay $10 a month and get access to everything. I know some artsists don't like it, I don't make music so I know nothing about it but I hear way more types of music than I ever did before. I've even gone to a few concerts lately for artists who I would have never bought their album had I just heard one or two songs on the radio. 

• Moderators

I get what you're at rridgely, but such services and even websites that supposedly allow "legal" downloading can be in the grey sometimes. And true they are a way to discover new artists.

had I just heard one or two songs on the radio. 

That's one thing I'll never have, the stuff I listen to will never be played on the radio.  <_<

• Moderators

I get what you're at rridgely, but such services and even websites that supposedly allow "legal" downloading can be in the grey sometimes. And true they are a way to discover new artists.

That's one thing I'll never have, the stuff I listen to will never be played on the radio.  <_<

I'm not sure what you mean about the legality. I don't feel like there is a legality issue at all with spotify, they pay the publishers what they asked for the music. Now the artists may not like the amount they get, but thats more to do with their contracts being outdated and these services being relatively new. One thing I will say though is that there has to be money in it somewhere because even older artists like AC/DC and Led Zepplin have put their music on spotify within the last year or so. Those bands have huge catalogs which still sold pretty well, yet they signed deals for streaming services. 

Andavari you need to check out XM/Sirius if your car has the hardware for it. They have some pretty decent metal stations on there. I use that in my car to hear new artists and then I'll branch off of those with spotify. Only downside is the subscription is a pain because you have to constantly remember to cancel it every 6 months or you get charged their(way too high) normal rate. Right now I've been paying about $25 every 6 months and its been worth it. I do however drive a lot. 

• Moderators

Sirius is available in my car, however I won't be subscribing to them as I already have a stupidly huge physical library of music. But what you might find extremely odd is that I very rarely listen to music when driving.