SpywareBlaster Firefox Browser protection disabled by CC

VecchioScarpone

Hi

For the past month or so every time I shut down the computer, the SpywareBlaster Firefox browser protection status get disabled, requiring enabling with each restart.

It never did that before and not such an issue with IE and Chrome.

KQbmZt9.jpg

CCleaner set up to run cleaner at reboot with Firefox Site Preferences checked is the problem.

I wish to keep it checked, could anybody suggest a way to achieve that without disabling SpywareBlaster FF browser protection?  

Regards.

VS

'Wandering life, seeking, bearer of light, fallen, never give up.'

• Moderators

The only way around it is to disable/untick Site Preferences in CCleaner.

You could try the built-in Firefox cleaning to see if it doesn't wipe out the SpywareBlaster blocks, from past memory I think it also removed it. If using a new enough build of Firefox you can go into 'Tools>Options>Privacy' or type into the address bar about:preferences#privacy to get into Firefox's privacy settings.

The only way around it is to disable/untick Site Preferences in CCleaner.

You could try the built-in Firefox cleaning to see if it doesn't wipe out the SpywareBlaster blocks, from past memory I think it also removed it. If using a new enough build of Firefox you can go into 'Tools>Options>Privacy' or type into the address bar about:preferences#privacy to get into Firefox's privacy settings.

By deleting Firefox site preferences on exit it will reset SpywareBlaster and disable FF browser Protection status.

I guess until such a time either CCleaner or SpywareBlaster comes out with a fix, FF site preferences cannot be cleared without wiping out SpywareBlaster blocks..

:(

• Moderators

CCleaner has wiped those out for years for both SpywareBlaster and Spybot-S&D if Site Preferences is enabled. You also can't have it enabled if you're manually typing in sites to block, as those would be wiped out too.

#4 Andavari

Thanks I very much appreciate. :)

I always have the latest versions of my apps installed. The issue with SpywareBlaster only started happening since a month or so, with recent FF versions.

CC has been set to clear FF site preferences since I remember, years now. Never had any issue before.

VS