CCleaner do not lists Malwarebytes entry under Start-up Items!?

saurabhdua

Hello There!

This is Weird, & I suppose a one off case when CCleaner was observed as failing to list a Start-up entry associated to Malwarebytes Antimalware under the list of Enabled  Start-up Items!

Though, Iam currently on the Trial version of the Malwarebytes Antimalware, & thus it is automatically configured to provide the Real-time protection & hence it is pre-configured to "Start with Windows".

However, Iam unsure that why CCleaner is not able to catch hold of this entry within its list of Start-up items!?

Any ideas on the same?

• Moderators

Are you using Version 2 or version 1.75?

You know that you can turn off real time from within the MBAM program itself?

Even if you turn it off the MBAM service will still run in the background I believe but the monitoring shouldn't take place (although with version  2 there have been reports of ''issues'' with the program at times)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I had the same problem with Malwarebytes 2.x. 

Even with real-time protection (and "start with windows") disabled in MBAM, MBAM.exe was being run on startup and CCleaner isn't detecting its startup entries. Nor can I identify a service that is triggering MBAM.

I thought this was a 'me-problem' and, suspecting some form of witchcraft; opted to uninstall Malwarebytes. Looks like I'm going to have to send Marcin & Co an email.

I'm Shane.

Yes, I would like to confirm that Iam on the latest Trial Version--2.0.2 of Malwarebytes Antimalware. I know the Right click on the tray icon does suggest to either enable/disable the "Start with Windows" option.

So, all in all, You suggest that its an issue with the Version, instead of Ccleaner's inability to pick up the respective Start-up entry?

I seem to remember that MBAM recommended changing they name of their product before deployment to reduce the likelihood of malware "running for cover".

It would be counterproductive of MBAM if they broadcast their presence to Piriform - who else might be listening :rolleyes:

• Moderators

it is not listed in MSCONFIG, so CC won't show it either.

that's not how MBAM starts, it has it's own Service for that.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Yes mta,

You are absolutely right that MBAM thrives only on the basis of an Active Service,  & there is no exclusive Start-up Item associated to it, as checked through msconfig utility too!

Will you please do me a favor to scour the list of "Services" as collated through msconfig, & let me choose the ones that are not really required, & are proving to be a mere Resource Hog. I have already made the "Hide Microsoft Services" enabled,  & thus you won't have to skim through the listed items onerously. Please go through the attached Screenshot, & accept my Thanks in advance.:-)

PS:: SuperAntispyware is being used as a stand-alone product only, with no access to Real-Time Protection, then, why does the respective Service runs all the time?

post-69563-0-37709800-1403002763_thumb.png

• Moderators

I uninstalled the HP Support assistant on my HP laptop soon as I bought it as you can do most of the things it does for yourself anyway.

Not saying you should.......

Also use services.msc to disable services not msconfig.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

me, and I am only speaking of me here, I would untick all the ones that update (comodo, adobe, foxit, google) simply because I'd rather be in charge of that.

and I'd check out the UDisk and Torch entries, just to see if they are really needed.

but none of them I would categorise as resource hogs, I'd be doing it just to be anal about what gets started on my machine.

Yes indeed, there is no point in making the Update services hover over your machine as I can be in charge of the same. What about implications of making these following services set to either Manual or Disabled altogether::

>>Andrea RT Filters Service

>>AMD External Events Utility

>>HP Software Framework Service

>>Realtek Audio Service........& lastly, why is there a duplicacy of the Google Update service?  Thanks.

• Moderators

Andrea and Realtek are for your audio (in and out respectively) so I'd leave them alone.

the others I would set to Manual, that way they are only active when required.

The two Googles I would delete but that's me, I don't want the auto update feature.

Hello Mta!

Iam further able to scour a few more "Doubtful" Services which are destined to start Automatically. Please have a keen look on these::

1) Live Update::: Do not contains a description. I suspect it to be not associated with the Windows OS Update.

2) MBAM Scheduler::: I have tried disabling it a couple of time, but to no avail. I do not run any scheduled scan through MBAM, & have also deleted the entry within MBAM Interface that was mentioned against Schedule. Still, this service goes to "Auto Start-up" mode without fail.

3) Power::: I have set my Power Plan to be of "High Performance". Can I set it to Manual?

4) Print Spooler::: I rarely use a Printer, so can't it be settled to start "Manually"?

5) Task Scheduler:::: Surprisingly, the Window is Greyed out, & Iam no longer able to Modify its Start-up type.

6)  Workstation:::: Again, can it be changed to Manual start-up type?

& one final concern::: The Flash Player settings screen is also greyed out from where we can choose the "Update" type. At present, it is set to "Automatically Update", but I wish to choose it to Never check for an Update on its own.

All suggestions in this regard will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

Question:

This thread was about MBAM, now it is about other services how ??.

@Saurabhdua:

Read this about services that can be disable, suspended or start.

NOTE:

I am pritty sure that no perifourm member will take or can be held liable if you perform ANY of the modivications on your services .

We only provide the info YOU perform the action/s.

So be warned !

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

• Moderators

In theory @saurabhdua, you should be able to set most Services to manual.

But if they are used a lot, the performance gained in not having started automatically will be lost if they are manual then needed to be started anyway.

Since you are only talking a half dozen Services you could either just leave them as they are, or, change them, see how the system goes, and change them back if required.

Since I don't know how you use your PC and what other programs and environment it runs in, it's probably not wise for me to give specific advice.

Thank you very much to you both!...& that brings an end to this post. Atleast, please decipher the following points as was also listed above:::

5) Task Scheduler:::: Surprisingly, the Window is Greyed out, & Iam no longer able to Modify its Start-up type.

& one final concern::: The Flash Player settings screen is also greyed out from where we can choose the "Update" type. At present, it is set to "Automatically Update", but I wish to choose it to Never check for an Update on its own.

Thank you.

• Moderators

5) does going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and right clicking Services and selecting Run as Administrator help?  but personally, I'd leave that one alone.

6) I do the same, turn off Flash auto updates, i do it by deleting the Task Scheduler job it installs and removing the Flash update entry from MSCONFIG.

For God Sake! If I have purchased this PC, & is the sole user of this as well, what on earth makes Microsoft debar the only user from assigning him/her the Administrative Rights by default? What kind of philosophy is this?

It sounds weird, but the neo-liberal policies of the Multi-Nationals have engulfed the  PC & the Online World as well!

Do my last words have something in common wih the chosen Pic? Guess...:-)