a suggestion for a new deleation method

menet

i had this idea, maybe a feature could ba added to ccleaner as an option:

clear contents of  files before deleating (files will be zero bytes after deleation and will not be

recoverable!) 

this may eliminate the need for the driver wiper function for some comuters since in general, driver wiping is time and proccesor consuming not to mention the "low disc space" error that comes with it

im saying that this should be an option.

what do you think ?

• Moderators

Ah, I think I'm getting it. you want the file size to be set to zero before deletion. It's not evident from the Clear Content link that the command actually overwrites the jettisoned data when the file size is set to zero. If it is, and if we assume that's what is desired, then it would involve the same amount of work as CC's Secure File Deletion, or a normal deletion and at some time a wipe free space.

After CC's secure file deletion the file data can not be recovered. The file is still full sized, has clusters, and can be recovered, but is full of zeroes so is of no use.

I quite like the idea of zeroing the file size before deletion, in CC's secure file deletion process. It makes the deletion process a lot neater, more secure, and more reassuring. I vote yes.

• 2 weeks later...

im not that good with computers so can you answer me this.

if secure file deletion makes the file full of zeros like you say, then what is the difference between the amount of "passes" that it dose?

it should all be the same. on that note what are those passes?