Understanding drive map results; free space & new, fast fragmenting

anna24

Using Defraggler 2.18 - Vista x64.  My questions relate to non-OS partitions.

Does the drive map depiction of white blocks (free space) fairly accurately show consolidation or fragmentation of the free space?  Either after the general "Analysis" or after general defrag (but not doing free space defrag)?  AFAIK, there is no reported "percent fragmentation of free space."

What I'm seeing may be totally normal.  On F:\ partition, I have only Firefox & Tbird profiles.  Recently, I've only used one profile for each.

Yesterday, after analyzing F:\, it showed ~ 57% fragmentation.  Hadn't defragged F:\ in a long time.

After the general defrag (no optimization to move large files;), fragmentation was 0% & the map showed nearly all files at beginning.  No white blocks showed between the blue, unfragmented files blocks (and / or between files that couldn't be defragged). 

Following defrag, after all the consolidated (blue) files & a small section for the MFT, there was solid white blocks.

? I assume after the analysis & general defrag, the map showing all the free space white blocks together (after the files) means there would be no need to do a "free space defrag?"

Less than 24 hrs later, it shows F:\ is 6% fragmented.  I'm * not * concerned about the 6% value itself.

? Does even a general defrag (no free space defrag) typically leave no space for very frequently accessed files to expand?  That would explain why it's already back to 6%.  6% isn't much, but only been 1 day.  Just curious, more than anything.

F:\ does not have System Restore / Shadow enabled.

Thanks.

post-51712-0-07888900-1417388804_thumb.gif