ccleaner does NOT clear Chrome version 38.0.2125.104 m History.

bradski

The clear history on the version 38.0.2125.104 m of the Chrome browser on Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) does NOT get cleared by running ccleaner version 4.18.4844 (64 bit). The only way to clear it is with Chrome's own clear feature. This is with all instances of the Chrome browser closed and then running ccleaner. The program indicates that it deleted/cleaned xx number of history files but when you start Chrome after cleaning and check the history, they are ALL still there. Only Chromes internal clear function currently works.

I was logged in to sync my bookmarks. However, I discovered that under Advanced Sync Settings, in Chrome, I had History checked. You can remain logged in and ccleaner WILL clear your history IF you have History un-checked in the Advanced Sync Settings.

Thanks for the clue!

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same issue on my system.  I'm running Windows 8.1, with Chrome ver. 38.038.0.2125.111 m and CCleaner ver. 4.19.4867 (64-bit).  I have logged out of Chrome and even unchecked the History option mentioned above just in case.  Still, Chrome gets skipped when run.  As bradski mentioned above, running the Chrome History cleaner works fine.  Per Task Manager, no Chrome processes are running in the background when it's closed.  I uncheck that option in the settings as well.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.