Freeware Best auto driver update software

tomcatonnet99

• Moderators

I don't wish to sound too negative, but I recently did a driver update from HP, and it screwed my pc.

The old BSOD.

And it took a while to work out that it was the newly installed HP drivers causing it. I learned later, that this is not uncommon with HP driver updates.

I now have it carved into my desk "leave drivers alone unless they are either broken or badly in need of updating".

Just thought I'd mention that for anyone thinking of updating drivers just because there's an update available, and not because it's actually needed.

I now have it carved into my desk "leave drivers alone unless they are either broken or badly in need of updating".

Just thought I'd mention that for anyone thinking of updating drivers just because there's an update available, and not because it's actually needed.

Completely agree with that, I learned a while ago to stick to drivers that work for the most part. Tried updating my graphics drivers on my laptop a couple of months ago and found it wouldn't set the amount of RAM to use for graphics to the maximum 256MB, it just refused to accept it. Went back to the old drivers and it worked fine again.

Have had issues with HP drivers too, it's well worth checking the various fixes hidden away on their site somewhere. There's a whole page of downloads on their site that fix various issues, I found a couple of fixes for things that I didn't even realise were the fault of the HP software :rolleyes:

Its not too hard to revert to an old driver under safe mode, boot last known good or other methods to overcome a bad driver crashing the kernel. WHQL certification helped a fair bit for driver quality. Usually I'll upgrade to new WHQL releases for drivers.

Driver Genius provides such practical functions as driver backup, restoration, update and removal for computer users. If you often reinstall your operating system, you... Driver Genius can automatically find driver for a device that the system can't find a driver for it. ... Now with the driver backup function of Driver Genius, you can backup all drivers in your computer before reinstalling, and restore them with the driver restoration function after system...

Driver Genius provides such practical functions as driver backup, restoration, update and removal for computer users. If you often reinstall your operating system, you... Driver Genius can automatically find driver for a device that the system can't find a driver for it. ... Now with the driver backup function of Driver Genius, you can backup all drivers in your computer before reinstalling, and restore them with the driver restoration function after system...

Those links in your sig look like spam to me (alot like links this board was being spammed with recently too) <_<

Those links in your sig look like spam to me (alot like links this board was being spammed with recently too) <_<

They all link to the same site!

Why have three (supposedly different) links to the same site?

You may be joke :-)

Nope, deadly serious. If they're not spam then just remove them (you're lucky the moderators are giving you the benefit of the doubt so far).

EDIT: Correction, they are spam. Having just checked it out it's the bog standard "Download a 'freebie' that installs a program you can't do anything with without paying for it"

• 2 years later...

hey i hav sumthing for u,"Advanced Driver Updater".It is a program with which u just have to scan and it update all ur drivers in a single go.for me it is the best driver updater.u can download its FREE version from

http://systweak.com/ADU/Overview/

Edited by Andavari
Changed link to the Overview page. Don't post direct download links on here, give people the chance first to see the product overview. Also the product is not freeware, which is against this topics original request for freeware!