Optimizing my SSD Resulted in my Entire OS Being Corrupted!

As of right now, I'm fully and completely blaming Defraggler for corrupting my entire OS when I ran a Full Optimize using Defraggler 2.18.945. 

Now, I've been using Defraggler for 5+ years now and I have grown accustom to trusting the software created by Piriform, but this is the first time that anything really serious happened to me and this is the first time that I've had an SSD.

I wasn't running any single other operation that you can think of. All I ran was a Full Defrag on my HDD and a Full Optimize on my SSD. As soon as the Optimize finished, the computer started having problems. So, when I went to bed, I shut down my computer and a thousand files were popping up saying "This file is corrupt." So, I cancelled the shut down and ran a Chkdsk. Well, it claimed that I would be required for a restart to do it. So, I shut it down and restarted it. It won't boot up -  at all. Windows 7 Repair can't even discover it existing on the SSD! UBCD 5.2.6 doesn't even know what it's looking at when it sees the SSD's partition! 

I had to completely reinstall my OS, because the entire set of OS files for my Windows 7 Home Premium was corrupted!

I am NEVER using Optimize again on the SSD!

Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me

• Moderators

what is the age of the SSD?, and brand?

as to other running operations; was your AV turned off?, restore points turned off?, Windows Update service?, or did you do the Optimise from Safe Mode?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

what is the age of the SSD?, and brand?

as to other running operations; was your AV turned off?, restore points turned off?, Windows Update service?, or did you do the Optimise from Safe Mode?

The age was 33 Hours old when I did the Optimize. This is the exact item that I bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226370

AV was not turned off, but it was MBAM Pro and MSE. No conflicts had been encountered, to my knowledge, as they are supposed to alert me when something happens.

Restore Points was not turned off, but was reduced to 1% of the Drive Space.

Windows Update service had been completely finished due to installing all 197 Updates after the fresh installation of Windows 7 Home Premium Full Retail.

I did not Optimize from Safe Mode.

The Full Optimization process took exactly 7 minutes to complete, and, to my knowledge, there wasn't a single conflict during that 7 minutes (I was on the computer watching it). I was led to believe that the process is not supposed to move ANY files, which is why it wasn't called "Defragmentation". So, how does it corrupt the entire OS without moving a single file? My programmer friend claims that Windows 7 was confused by the request of the Defraggler to Optimize the SSD and that is what corrupted the entire OS. However, using Piriform products for 5+ years, and previously running "Quick Optimize" at 21 Hours of Drive Use, I thought that everything would be fine. 

Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me