~ Choose Folder/File to move to largest continuous free space ~

piri_noob

• Moderators

isn't this what DF already does?

if I analyse my drive, go to File List tab, select a fragmented file, click Defrag Highlighted, it moves the fragments to the first available free, contiguous block.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Ah, OK, just folders.

What about on the File List tab, sort by Path, then select all the files for the folder in question, then Defrag Highlighted.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

That only moves the fragmented files if I select MOVE TO BACK OF DRIVE. That actually disperses the folder files.

I would like to MOVE the complete folder to the end of the drive. Both fragged and defragged files of the selected folder.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

This would be extremely useful feature. I have a case where i have Windows 10 on both C and D, where the D one i want to remove. But i can't do that until i have formatted D because of unremovable system files. So i want to partition 1TB to 500GB and it's better for me either way. There is almost 700 GB free space but i can't make that partition because of filled end space. Even 400GB would get me started with formatting... But this defrag is working with chunks at the beginning first, it's going to take a whole day of waiting. I don't care if actual files are fragmented, much of them are going to be deleted anyway.

If i could just drag some of those end chunks to white space... I have even tried to temporarily move all files that were in the end slots to C drive, but then some "volume information" thing comes there instead and it's not a file that can be defragged.

KkPN5Zh.jpg