Googlonymous

Humpty

Just came across this and don't know much about it as yet.May interest some.

When you make a search on Google, your ip address, the time, and what you searched for is stored in their database forever and this information can be used in a court of law against you. Google will willingly allow authorities to consult their database, they already did as you can see in the video below.

When you search on Google through Googlonymous, it is Googlonymous that goes on Google and does the search for you, the only ip address that Google will see, is the ip address of the server of Googlonymous. Googlonymous does not keep any record who searched for what. So this way, it is completely impossible to retrieve your identity. You can search for whatever you want without a care in the world, 100% anonymously.

Googlonymous

Interesting. I just setted Opera to use proxy for Google. I think it does the same job as hiding my real IP address.

hm.. with Opera, you can set proxies for only certain sites?

that sounds really cool. i don't think firefox can do that.. it's either all or nothing

Either use Googlonymous or there is a firefox extension which uses "noise and obfuscation. With TrackMeNot, actual web searches, lost in a cloud of false leads."

http://mrl.nyu.edu/~dhowe/TrackMeNot/

That way Googles weblogs against your IP address are full of gibberish. Although unless you use an anonymous proxy for all your sites, you ISP is also going to log where you been. Somehow I don't think anyone is going to outwit the authorities that easily.

Also bear in mind that, if you use a Credit/debit card or any store card you can guarentee you spending habits are being tracked and logged - not to mention the survelliance cameras...

We might as well have a bar code stamped accross our foreheads these day - Google is only a small part of the "problem"

• Moderators
not to mention the survelliance cameras...

We might as well have a bar code stamped accross our foreheads these day - Google is only a small part of the "problem"

Yeah. In some places one can't even park in a parking lot without being filmed.

not to mention the survelliance cameras...

Yeah. In some places one can't even park in a parking lot without being filmed.

http://www.markusjansson.net/esecuring.html Scroll down to "12 tips for anonymity" & "12 tips for security".

Maybe a little over the top, but...

Wow. Where's the privacy huh? After seeing that video, privacy for me is a good looking sell word.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}