Skype & Ccleaner Problem At Start-up

KevinS

Dear support team,

Not only on my pc but at some people I know to we have the following problem:

When you let CCleaner run automatically at start-up then it deletes a preferences file of skype. You get an error when Windows is loaded and skype auto-starts. Then skype only shows the loading screen and no contact list. If you close skype and restart it then there is no problem. When you reboot without CCleaner then there is no problem to.

So it looks like CCleaner deletes a preferences file from skype at start-up, how to solve this?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply!

What happens to skype if you don't run ccleaner at startup? If it is okay, this may have to be your workaround for now. :)

If you close skype and restart it then there is no problem. When you reboot without CCleaner then there is no problem to.

So when I don't run ccleaner at startup, there's nog problem...

But how could this be solved?? CCleaner should not remove that sjype preferences file...

• Moderators

I do not have skype so am a bit in the dark here. Do you have the latest version 3.0.0.198? Is it something that started after a version upgrade of ccleaner or skype?

I am just wondering where the preferences files are stored as ccleaner is more of a temp file cleaner as you know.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

So when I don't run ccleaner at startup, there's no problem...

Just on a side note, running CCleaner at startup can cause problems when you install some programs that require a reboot to complete installation. I think most would suggest not running it at startup.

I know that doesn't help with your problem, just pointing it out.

• Moderators

You need to disable the cleaning of Macromedia Flash Player by doing the following:

1. Run CCleaner, then click the large Cleaner button, next under Cleaner Settings click the Applications tab.

2. Now scroll down to the Multimedia section and untick Macromedia Flash Player.

3. Done your program should no longer loose it's settings.

Tip:

When new versions of CCleaner are released make sure you install over the top of the existing version that way your settings will remain intact which will negate any forgetting to untick Macromedia Flash Player.