What Can Someone Do With Your I.P?

LIL NOOB

What are the damages someone can do with your I.P?

Hmmm how?

I wouldn't worry about it. Ther eis no security risk people knowing your ip.

So there's no risk at all about someone knowing your I.P?

Not really. While you always get people who say "i have your ip address and going to hack you" over the internet ther eis little they can do.

If any hacker out there wants my ip address here you go 86.9.196.28

If you do connect directly they a hacker could attempt to connect directly to your and try to exploit any security vulnerabilities but a firewall would stop this.

Your ip can be obtained form websites, email headers chat applications like msn and so on.

Police can find out who you are. Some 16 year old hacker could not.

No fate but what we make

Usually, black hat hackers have greater interest in hacking a business' network, were they can profit, than in home networks. Nevertheless, knowing the IP is only a small part in hacking. The hackers must go through the firewall and actually find a vulnerability to exploit. Having a secure, properly-configured network and updated stuff pretty much stops the attacker.

Probably like, Latvia or one of those far off "90% of people dont know this country exists" places :rolleyes:

Or in the movies!

Well yes, being in Europe, there are probably people in certain countries who'd struggle with placing Latvia. Probably the same ones that have subtitles like "Paris, France" 'in the movies'.

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

hopefully LIL NOOB will see this and finally have peace after 5 years.

but seriously dude (adjusts baseball cap) what is with digging up ancient, long forgotten threads.

if you want to open a new thread and discuss an old topic, that's fine.

you'll get other members willing to partake.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

This is the second time you have resurrected an ancient thread on IP addresses Cool0. If you have something relevant to say open a new thread. Any more exhuming old threads and you're off to the cooler.

Actually you have form as a spammer, so off you go.