Recuva doesn't see files lost in ctrl+cut

lememele

Hello. I have lost my files in ctrl+ cut because of computer turned off. I tried to scan it with Recuva- but it simply doesn't see any of these files though before Recuva helped me to recover deleted files. Is it possible to have my files back? What's the difference between deletion and losing in ctrl+cut? Thanks in advance

• Moderators

What do you mean, ctl+cut? Ctl+x? If so, that is an edit function, and your file (files?) won't have been deleted. But with a power off during edit I've no idea what state that file is in.

yes, ctrl+x. I started pasting the folder with that files to a memory card, but now they are lost. I didn't see them neither on my laptop nor on the memory card. As I mentioned Recuva doesn't see them too... Anyway if people use shredders they must not be gone forever. What do you mean by what state that file is in?

• Moderators

Ah, I see, you were cutting and pasting a folder. I don't know what state they would be in following a power off, presumably the cut was actioned as you can no longer find them on the laptop. Does the laptop have a hdd or a SSD? You could try a Recuva deep scan on the laptop, trying to match files by date or size.

I have an HDD. I've tried deep scan but it doesn't show anything. Well, it shows the files from other locations, don't remember if I even have removed them, but does not show files that were in that folder, so do many other recovery programs. First time see such kinda situation. So it means files are still on my HDD and are recoverable? If I use an HDD, won't it overwrite them?

• Moderators

What about a scan for non-deleted files? (Sorry to butt in a it's just a guess but...)

However, usually if a file isn't pasted it just stays in the same place (I thought, but maybe not in the middle of a paste IDK)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com