disable low disk space warning for nominated partitions

sentmegrey

Windows has an annoying habit of regular popup messages saying low disk space. While this is useful for the main partitions ie C: It is annoying for recovery partitions that do not need to be cleaned.

I would like ccleaner to take over this function and add an options menu where you can disable the low disk space warning on nominated partitions eg the recovery partition.

Nowadays there is more of a need for this because of the smaller size of SSD drives. When I clone a large spinning hard drive to a smaller SSD then the cloning program often automatically reduces the size of all partitions and you end up with the low disk space warning.

• Moderators

I for one wouldn't want CC to become a one-stop Windows tweaking program.

It should stick with its strengths - removing crap.  But, having said that, it has already digressed into other non-cleanup areas, so there you go, who can tell what  they'll make CC do in the future.

But, that warning is there for a reason, and the best way to stop the warning is to increase the free space.

If that's not possible (like in your example with a Recovery partition), you can always turn the warning off yourself with a registry tweak by creating the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks key.

(usual caveat with hacking the registry applies)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.