Paste into replies problem

nukecad

• Moderators

Hope someone can help a slight anoyance I am having when making a post or reply here. (and other IPboard driven forums).

The paste options in the editor toolbar are greyed out, so I am unable to paste from the clipboard.

(I know I can easily work around this using ctrl+v, but it's still a bit of a niggle).

If I then go to 'more options' or 'preview post' the paste icons become available for one click only.

If I click the paste icon at that time a small window opens that I can then paste my text into.

This small window informs me-

"Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window."

So can anyone tell what browser setting is causing this behaviour?

Or is this just a glitch in the IPboard software?

I'm using Firefox 44.0, Win 10 home 64-bit.

Thanks.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

It's not just confined to IPB forums as there seem to be quite a few google hits for this issue. Some mention javascript.

I don't get this when I copy and paste.

What happens if in the reply box you click on BBcode mode to change it and then try to paste?

(It's the first icon on the left in top row of the editor)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Mmmm.

Puting it into BB code mode on this laptop greys out all of the menu icons.
BUT it does give a cut/paste context menu on right click so you can paste from there.
(The cut/paste context menu is not usually available in 'normal' mode either, unless you have some existing text higlighted. It usually gives the browser context menu. Strange one that).

Also if you click the BB code on then off again the paste icons become available for the one click.

Still easier to use ctrl+v, I'll just keep doing that.

I'll put it down as an IPboard thing, or a FFx thing although it doesn't affect me on vB forums, was just wondering if anyone had found out which browser setting it was talking about.
May do some playing around with the browser settings to see if I can find it.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Firefox has some issues with IPB forums. Such as when using MultiQuote or Quote it's difficult to edit the quote without Firefox removing who the original poster was in the quote title. I usually end up with a space under the last text so that it also doesn't completely remove the quote box. No such quote issues in Chromium/Chrome-based browsers.

• Moderators

It does seem to be just with IPboard forums, I don't have any problems with vBulletin or XenForo based forums.

And just for interest I tried in I.E.11 as well as FFx, same problem with the greyed out paste icons.

(I didn't try Edge, don't like the thing).

Oh well, it's not that much of a deal, I was just wondering.