FIles Found But Recover Action Unsuccessful

tgarza

I am attempting to recover deleted files from my memory card.

I ran Recuva in the advanced mode with no additional options - just a straight scan. It found 31 files and ignored 21 files in 0.13 seconds.

I selected all files and initiated Recovery. 2 files were immediately recovered and the time to recover the remaining files was listed as 18 hours. Cancelling the recover process and attempting to close Recuva was unsuccessful. I had to use Task Manager to end the program.

I checked for updates (I was good), made sure no other applications were open, then restarted Recuva. I ran it with the same parameters, selected 3 green files for recovery, and allowed it to run over night. When I checked it this morning, no files had been recovered and the estimated time for recovery was 5 days.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Recuva. Ran it with the same parameters and it found the same files in the same amount of time. I attempted to recover all files and this time got a different message: "Current progress: 0% 0 files recovered. Calculating time left ...? It stayed at this message for 10 minutes before I again had to use Task Manager to end the program.

I ran it again and selected 3 green files for recovery. Same result - "Current progress: 0% 0 files recovered. Calculating time left ..."

I have 254.4GB of free space, no other applications open, the CPU was running well, and the memory allocation was at 54%.

Any suggestions on how to get the recovery process to work.

Thanks,

Terri

• 1 month later...

I've got the exact same problem, i find the files im looking for but cant recover them :|

i tried an earlier version and everything worked fine, the files that recuva v.1.26.416 finds does recover the way they should even when found on a flash drive. but the problem with that version is that it doesn't find the files im looking for

ps. i couldn't find any version between v.1.26.416 and the newest version to download so e.g v.1.35 might work i cant know for sure

pss. the file im looking for is potentially evidence in a lawsuit

• Moderators

All previous versions of Recuva are here:

http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/

The single time I needed Recuva I got better results by changing the view mode in Options to "Tree View", and under "Actions\Recovering", checked "Restore Folder Structure".

This enabled me to target the files I was looking for in their actual locations.

That's the only experience I've had of using Recuva unfortunately.

thanks

I tried some of the older versions

e.g 1.35.472 and 1.30.435 witch none of them worked :(

i only get this problem when i try to recover files from a flash drive (microSD) everything seams to work properly when e.g recover a file from HDD

heres a screenshot when the loader gets stuck on 0%

the file i want to recover is in excellent state and has no overwritten cluster detected

post-38729-127897630077_thumb.png

thanks

I tried some of the older versions

e.g 1.35.472 and 1.30.435 witch none of them worked :(

i only get this problem when i try to recover files from a flash drive (microSD) everything seams to work properly when e.g recover a file from HDD

heres a screenshot when the loader gets stuck on 0%

the file i want to recover is in excellent state and has no overwritten cluster detected

It is possible that this is due to Windows 7 changing the default cluster size given to files, causing files who overlap a cluster to have trouble being recovered. They may have to update this to work properly for Windows 7.

• Moderators

If you're having no joy with Recuva, maybe try something else.

One of the other guys may still come up with something positive in the meantime, but it's worth a try.

"TestDisk" is worth looking at, but it isn't the easiest of tools to use, but it's free and there are detailed "how to's" on this page:

TestDisk: Undelete files from FAT:

Hope that helps.