Clear databases of ACDSEE

Rich2008

Hi again like most other I find CCleaner to be fantastic. Just one other area for those running ACDSEE the databases that ACDSEE create can become rather huge. Under the Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\ACD Systems\Catalogs\Default.

Maybe in one of the next releases these could be an option to delete this folder. That is all I do manually to speed up ACDSEE.

Cheers

And keep up the excellent work.

Cheers

And keep up the excellent work.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your input about ACDSEE.

Until something permanently is done, you can use the Options > Include feature to clean what you want.

You can now browse to the folder or file that you want. The new updates to CCleaner make using the Include or Exclude option very simple.

Best wishes,

:) davey

P.S. Also tick the option to Save all settings to INI file at Options > Advanced and save a copy each time you add "cookies to save" Include/Exclude options. This way you will have a backup of all your settings.

Edited by davey

• 4 months later...

:blink:

I actually deleted my ACDSee File and now all of my .gifs do not work. I have been trying to recovery them or do you know of another program that would work and 're-activate' my .gifs to

their original state? Thank you ~

• 6 years later...

Bump. ACDSee is a popular application. Many people just need it to view images and don't need its invasive database (you can exclude specific folders and even entire drives, but it won't work for removable devices).

Please consider adding ACDSee database cleaning for all editions (standard, pro, ultimate).

• Moderators

This has been discussed in far more recent threads than this six-and-a-half year old fossil. If you want to add something new then open a new thread. Cleaning for some versions of ACDsee was added on October 2011.