How to stop CCleaner from deleting my Chrome extensions?

tkmops

Thanks for the response. CCleaner is V4.04.4197. I tried updating it, it said I had the most current version. Chrome is Version 36.0.1985.125 m

Google Chrome is up to date. Windows 7. This didn't used to happen. It just started about two months ago. I have the following boxes checked under the 'Applications'/Google Chrome' tab:internet cache, internet history, cookies, download history, last download location, and session.

I just went to the CCleaner site and saw that they had ccsetup416.exe available for D/L. But, before I run it, I want to make sure that it won't delete all my Chrome extensions as before.

I have 8 extensions, it takes some time to re-install them all.

I just found this forum topic:Checking "Internet History" under "Chrome" when cleaning will result in all Chrome extensions and preferences being deleted at http://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=40042 Part of the post says:'For the time being I suggest anyone having this issue should clean with "Internet History" unchecked. You can delete Chrome history manually'

Is this still the case, or has 416 fixed this?

• Moderators

As dvdbane stated it should no longer occur. However if you're worried, run an analysis first then, if the extensions appear, exclude the extension folder from scan (right click the item and choose exclude).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com