CCleaner: Restore registry - Cannot be imported. Error accessing the registry.

Hi, 

I've been using CCleaner for ages and always with a good feeling.

But I never had to restore a registry entry... 

Yesterday evening, I ran CCleaner to clean my registry. As usual, it saved a copy of my existing registry. But CCleaner obviously deleted my entries for Dragon NaruallySpeaking and also for my Plantronics bluetooth headset, that I had installed only recently. Both are now not working anymore! And I do need them for my work! 

When trying to restore the registry entries, saved by CCleaner before its more than thorough cleaning, I only receive the error message: Cannot be imported. Error accessing the registry - although I am the administrator!

I cannot import my entries directly from the registry (regedit.exe), neither. 

This is outraging! What's the use of saving all these registry entries for years when you cannot restore them when you need it - precisely because CCleaner messed up my programmes? In view of what has just happened, I do suppose that it was also CCleaner that corrupted my HTC Synch Manager some while ago and God knows what else.   

I'd greatly appreciate some ideas how to restore my registry without restoring my entire system (Windows 7).

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators

Sometimes if the key has already been recreated - or any key in the removed entries - the file cannot be reintegrated. Copy the entries you wish replaced into a blank .reg file and attempt again. Or just reinstall the missing/broken program.

If the future, follow the advice on registry cleaning presented in my signature, and you will find you'll never (unguaranteed) have an issue with the registry cleaner...or leave the registry alone, no performance is gained by removing entries.

As for the fault lying at Ccleaner's feet, there is an analysis button so you can check the results before removal. it is not the fault of Ccleaner that a third party used registry keys that don't identify themselves as belonging to the third party's software/hardware, And it is not ccleaner's fault that you did not see the listing for said TPP in the pre-cleaning stage (analysis).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

hi, I'm new here guys and really need help, I did check the Old Windows folder on the CC Cleaner and clean my Lenovo with windows 8.1, my question is, if I need to do a complete recovery using the Lenovo  One Key Recovery option, do it will still work?  or when I run the cleaner with the clean old windows option delete all those files?  will I be able to recovery my system again or not if something bad happen, please help me.

• Moderators

Yes you'll still be able to run recovery, Windows.old is just incase you need something from the install previous to be your current one.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com