Can't play MP4 Video with Realplayer

Augeas

• Moderators

Hi video experts,

Is there any way I can play MP4 videos on Realplayer? I have downloaded RP 11.06 and I'm sure MP4 modules flashed before my eyes during the install. In preferences there is an entry for MP4 in file associations. Yet whenever I try to open an MP4 vid it says Cannot Start Playback. There is no explanation for this message on RP's site, and Googling RP and MP4 is just plain confusing. Is MP4 possible in RP, or am I wasting my time?

I do not permit anything from Real on my system Period due to privacy and tracking issues.

Real Alternative Regular 1.9.0:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Real_...ar/1054136293/1

VLC media player:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

ditto to YoKenny. and i like the avatar Ken. :)
I change with the seasons.

Its bloody miserable here at 3C with showers and a cold North wind but that's November in Canada EH! and no shooting star viability tonight.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Thanks everyone, but I want to play MP4. Nothing seems to like it (except VLC, which doesn't have alll good reports).

You could give MPlayer Portable a whirl, along with the other suggestions - plus if you don't like it there's nothing to uninstall and fiddle with as a quick delete will get rid of it.