Recuva scans just one drive within storage spaces

derLex

Hey Guys,

i have formatted my storage space drive (not on purpose) which has five drives (3TB, 2x2TB, 2x1TB) with about 7TB of data. I formatted it twice while i wanted to put an Image on my USB stick with win7 USB download tool also twice. Just didnt get the drive letter correct and used my Storage Spaces Drive instead the stick.

Sadly Recuva just can find one 1TB drive, which is read out correctly, but the other drives are completely untouched by it.

How can i solve this situation? Can i solve it with Recuva?

Thanks in advance,

Lex

• Moderators

More info I think would help.

What is this 'storage space'?  Was it setup from the Storage Space icon in Control Panel?

How was it formatted?, was it on an external device?  USB or NAS box?

Sounds like you have 5 drives, were they RAID'd?

And anything else that may help others help you.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Mta storage space is drive pooling in windows 8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/storage-spaces-pools

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi,

yes exactly, this "storage spaces" it is.

So of course no raid. The question is all about Storage Spaces. Storage Spaces is pretty sure the reason, Recuva finds just on drive out of the five. No external devices, no Raid, no NAS (what in the end was the Problem, before i had a HP homeserver and never could have deleted all this stuff but the HP s**t died). Everything NTFS. And yes it was setup from the Storage Space icon in Control Panel.

This one 1TB drive is just a small part of my Storage Spaces Pool and i would also like to rescue the other drives.

Thanks again

Lex

• Moderators

thanks for the feedback, I was just making sure your usage of the term was what others would interpret it as.

so you didn't have ReFS formatted drives or set the pool up for mirroring?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Thanks for your answers so far!

No, its a Win 8.1 Pro, therefore no ReFS. I think you can natively use ReFS atm just in server editions. The space which has the Problem was not set up for mirroring, although i got another space within the pool containing much more important stuff mirrored. As i didnt format these two disks, i at least have the important stuff secure (well, as far as i don't try s**t like that again)

I think the main problem is thin provisioning, because if you format the virtual drive, usually all data gets lost, not because its lost, but because "the brain" gets somehow reseted and the new free space gets reallocated (does this word even exist? And does it mean what i want it to mean? Sorry, i'm german) :D 

Recuva just shows me the results of one drive, and i cant get to the other drives...