UK digital downloads tax

hazelnut

• Moderators

Part of the UK Budget announcements was the bringing in of tax avoidance measures which will increase the price of digital downloads such a e-books and music by approx 20%.

http://www.dailytech.com/UK+Closes+Tax+Loophole+On+Digital+Downloads+Prices+Could+Soar+20+Percent/article34575.htm

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I think the time to break the torches and pitchforks is long overdue. People respect you for two reasons: you always do the right thing and they admire you for it, or you do a very bad thing once and it scares the bejeezus out of them.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

Hazelnut, my remark was entirely a joke. Ireland is a tax haven, so large tech companies funnel their profits into Irish banks. The only reason this tax exists is because the UK government could find no other way to collect corporate taxes from these companies. With Ireland no longer existing as a tax haven, corporate tax laws of America and Britain could once again recover a fair amount of money.

I'm not actually advocating warfare against a foreign nation, sheesh.

I'm Shane.

• Moderators
Hazelnut, my remark was entirely a joke. Ireland is a tax haven, so large tech companies funnel their profits into Irish banks. The only reason this tax exists is because the UK government could find no other way to collect corporate taxes from these companies. With Ireland no longer existing as a tax haven, corporate tax laws of America and Britain could once again recover a fair amount of money.

I'm not actually advocating warfare against a foreign nation, sheesh.

please remember that when a moderator changes something there's a reason. It was only (less than) 30 years ago when the British were dealing with the constant threat of bombings by the irish and I would assume it might be a raw nerve, for either country, to even joke about the subject.

Let's drop this (hazelnut or other mod feel free to hide/remove my answer and the above post if wanted, I'm on the android app and it lacks in certain moderation tools) also I think like works in the forum now...weird)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

On topic, the individual states in USA are each individually starting to force sales tax on digital too.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

So factor 50 states and hundreds of countries with some sort of VAT they'll need a new cloud just to figure out which tax structure :lol:

[ rant ]

In the matter of taxes (on topic), pitchforks, torches & other mayhem (off topic but relevant imho): 

Vote!    Throw da bums out!  

Oddly, neither the UK nor the USA population ever seems to be able to do it. 

[ / end rant ]

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Also taxes are annoying but without them you aren't funding your gov ;)

Or the private and public union retirement funds, benefits, healthcare, inter-generational welfare, Social Security, Medicaid, teachers' unions, SEIU, AFL-CIO, AFSCME, GM, all failed green energy start-ups, Fanny Mae, Freddie Mac, Wall St. bailouts, Goldman Sachs, Keiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood, ACORN, NSA, municipal bonds nation-wide,

...and a baby's arm holding an apple! (The Tubes were a popular band in the 70s-80s.)

I haven't paid tax in years. If my deductions don't bring me below the tax threshold, I give all my money to charities. They can do much better work with it than the nut jobs currently in office.

I'm Shane.

I haven't paid tax in years. If my deductions don't bring me below the tax threshold, I give all my money to charities. They can do much better work with it than the nut jobs currently in office.

Good on you for the charities.  :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.