cant establish communications to start free trial

kateinputney

if anyone can help i would be very grateful

i have a very old laptop which still has quite a good spec and is working but creaky.

i have used CC cleaner with good results but suspect i have built up a lot of unnecessary items which are slowing it right down very annoyingly. i also have McAffee virus software as supplied through Plus Net

So i thought i would trial CCplus to see if it would help BUT although i can download and install software i get an error message at end which says it cant open communications to verify me with this error code: Ox2efd

So I have 4 increasingly irritating  problems:

1. very slow machine

2. cant use internet explorer (it wont open) only chrome

3.  I have some web sites i just cant contact like the cc one 

4. I can download images in my emails i receive, it just says image is not available

ANY help would be very gratefully received as this is just beyond me but is driving me mad and i don't have the money for a new machine plus i'd love to sort out whats wrong

Thanks

Kate

• Moderators

Commercial versions of CCleaner will NOT fix the multitude of problems you're having which to me sound like either malware damage or registry damage. If it's malware you can find out by visiting a malware removal site listed in item #10 here who will assist you free of charge.

If you wish to contact Piriform directly about the communication error here's the support page:

http://www.piriform.com/support

• Moderators

Ccleaner free and Pro/Plus are the same when it comes to cleaning. However it sounds like you have an (old) internet explorer cache corruption bug. Try to clean your internet cache and history from within IE then close IE and reopen it to try websites.

Please follow up thanks

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com