Needing some help Windows 10 related.

LeoUF

Hi, this is my first time writing here, I hope you can help me.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I wanted to check my old programs like Winamp or some Adobe programs and when I went to do some cleaning, specifically with the Uninstall option under Tools, I noticed it just shows everything installed AFTER the upgrade to Windows 10.

Weird enough, some programs are still there but Win10 doesn't see them as "installed", for instance, Steam is still there ocuppying space and all but it isn't installed since it's "installed" on Windows.old.

• Moderators

CC version?

I'm still running v5.07 and having just last night upgraded to Win10 too, that issue doesn't appear on my list of program in CC.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

It didn't Install in windows.old, those are files and folders that MS saved over from your old OS.

Although this has nothing to do with anything Ccleaner did or didn't do, I think I can offer you some cool tips.

You need to copy the Steam files from the .old file and paste them into the windows 10 directory exactly where they were so pay attention to where your copying them from within the "windows.old" files, after that "Do Not" try to open Steam, reboot your PC and then try to start Steam, But Do Not Try To Launch Any Games.

If Steam starts you did it right, now right click on a game and select properties and select verify game cache, it will obviously be broken but steam will download what is needed to fix the broken drivers and file associations.

It is a rather small download and this prevents you from having to re-download all that content from scratch.

I did this running Windows 10 Pro X64 10240 (Windows Insider) and it worked just fine saving me hours of download time. PeAcE